SCM works so slow!

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
Bartekef

SCM works so slow!

Post by Bartekef »

Hey bro

I was wondering why my SCM works so slow.. (probably just because of me but you'll most definitely provide a solution in my case)

I used SCM a lot in last 2-3 weeks, I mean it scrapped a lot of emails etc etc made reaaaaaly huge amount of actions.
I cleared the list of processed actions, but anyways, 'soundcloud manager' folder weighs almost 2 GB now and 'saved' folder has more than 800 text files.

Probably there is too much data in folders, am I right?
It's so slow now. Following 150 people takes almost 10 hours lol. Totally overwhelmed.

And it also starts like 5 minutes!

How could I help SCM catch the normal speed again?
Thanks
Bartek
Last edited by Bartekef on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartekef

Re: SCM works so slow!

Post by Bartekef »

I found out that the folder which has over 1,65 GB is ' dbloggeddatashared '

is it the one which contains data of who I followed before etc.? I really have to speed up the program cus now it works on 0,00001% speed as usual but I need to have SCM to not follow the profiles I followed before (and unfollowed after)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

the saved folder can be ignored, it is written to, never read.

How many accounts do you have?

what actions have you been running recently? shared follows perhaps?
If so, how many accounts for the share

Have you been merging already processed lists (right click accounts in the list and select MERGE?)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:

run a shared followed action

leaving it running 30 minutes (or perhaps an hour best)

then submit logs so I can find out the exact bottleneck

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

Thanks for reply

I have 4 accounts. Actually I used to do follow 200 for every acount / a day. But SCM started going very slow after I made a LOT of these actions:

1)scrape users from track search (about 120-150 actions with 200-5k results each, saved to txt of course)
and then, I performed on these txts:
2) scrape e-mails from these users

And it was really big amount of actions. It returned me a LOT of txts. After that, I deleted actions from SCM and started to FOLLOW users - results from 1).

I don't really know how to do 'shared follows' (never did that before) and I never did merging processes. I don't know what are the results of these actions so I never performed them.

Thank you
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

So could you please tell me how to run shared followed action, so I could perform it and send you the logs?

And if 'saved' folder is only written to, what about ' dbloggeddatashared ' folder which is over 1,65 GB right now?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote:
I don't really know how to do 'shared follows' (never did that before) and I never did merging processes. I don't know what are the results of these actions so I never performed them.

Thank you

When you follow, each account maintains a database record of who it has followed so you don't follow the same users.

IF you have 4 accounts, all searching for hiphop tracks uploaded in the last hour, chances are your 4 accounts will follow the same users.

If you don't want this, you can do a SHARED action, this means it is a single action for all 4 accounts. Then will perform one search, then "share" the results between them, ensuring you do not follow the same profiles with your accounts.

If your acc1 follows profile1, acc2 follows profile 2.... then all accounts log the fact profile1, profile2 was followed, so at a later date they still won't follow the same profiles.

Another way is to MERGE your already processed lists. So select your 4 accounts and select merge. Then all users followed by all accounts are saved to each other (acc2,acc2,acc3 followings are stored by acc1 etc) so you won't follow anyone previously followed.

Additionaly you can have a tracking processed list, which means you can permanently merge / track followings from your accounts to ensure no duplication even if running single account actions.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

as to your issue, if you could run the sequence of actions I posted before to get me your logs I can check where the bottleneck issue is.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

martin@rootjazz wrote:Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:

<changed> Run a typical follow action that you run that is taking a long time.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Bartekef wrote:

Thank you

When you follow, each account maintains a database record of who it has followed so you don't follow the same users.

IF you have 4 accounts, all searching for hiphop tracks uploaded in the last hour, chances are your 4 accounts will follow the same users.

If you don't want this, you can do a SHARED action, this means it is a single action for all 4 accounts. Then will perform one search, then "share" the results between them, ensuring you do not follow the same profiles with your accounts.

If your acc1 follows profile1, acc2 follows profile 2.... then all accounts log the fact profile1, profile2 was followed, so at a later date they still won't follow the same profiles.

Another way is to MERGE your already processed lists. So select your 4 accounts and select merge. Then all users followed by all accounts are saved to each other (acc2,acc2,acc3 followings are stored by acc1 etc) so you won't follow anyone previously followed.

Additionaly you can have a tracking processed list, which means you can permanently merge / track followings from your accounts to ensure no duplication even if running single account actions.
Wow I didn't know that. Anyways I never needed that because first I make a search then I follow users from different txts, and 3 accounts follow for example users with following of maximum 200 and my main account does following for 200+.
Anyways I always do following from text file.

I did unfollow action today and it works without delay, just in normal speed. Maybe I should start action of following from file, which takes much longer than it used to (2 days for 150 follows, damn!) and then send you logs?

EDIT: Well, what I just found out, is that SCM works very slow only with my main acc. I have few .txts (scrapped urls of profiles) which I follow profiles from.

I follow the maximum amount of followers meeting my criteria (filters) from one file (150/ day) and then go to another text file.
The text file contains about 3k urls. At the beginning, it worked fast. I think Im somewhere in the middle now, and its freaking slow.
When I try to follow users from other file, with the same acc, it's much faster but still it isn't the normal speed.

What's interesting, when I follow profiles from the same files using other acc, it works in normal speed.

The fact is, my main account is following people for about 4 months now, almost everyday, so maybe there's just huge amount of data, what eventually slower the process??