Shadow ban on Soundcloud?

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
getsite2000

Shadow ban on Soundcloud?

Post by getsite2000 »

Hi, I'm wondering if you've noticed Shadow bans on Soundcloud

I have a Soundcloud Pro account that I've been automating for some time now,
and lately I'm noticing that I'm getting very very few follow backs compared to earlier

I understand it can come from poor content, poor targeting, etc..
But still wondering if Soundcloud might be killing notifications about me in other people's notification center or .. something.

Does that ring a bell?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Shadow ban on Soundcloud?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I have NEVER heard of SC doing anything to pro accounts. Although, just because I haven't heard before, or they weren't, doesn't mean they won't.

I am aware of ghosting / shadow bans on posting comments. That has been IP based / spam account / after junk comments.

Not for follows.

Do you have access to another account to test? Follow the other account, then log in manually and see if they got the notification
getsite2000

Post by getsite2000 »

Thanks for your reply Martin,

I've tried and it works, and I got some new follows from the automation. So I guess it's just content / targeting issues
Reassured to hear that SC is probably not shadow banning this way!

By the way, thank you very much for fixing the app this summer. I saw some unpolite/rushed comments on the thread, and wanted to reassert that there's also silent users like me that are very grateful for what you do, and understand that it can take time or be very difficult to maintain.

Best
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

getsite2000 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:30 pm Thanks for your reply Martin,

I've tried and it works, and I got some new follows from the automation. So I guess it's just content / targeting issues
Reassured to hear that SC is probably not shadow banning this way!

By the way, thank you very much for fixing the app this summer. I saw some unpolite/rushed comments on the thread, and wanted to reassert that there's also silent users like me that are very grateful for what you do, and understand that it can take time or be very difficult to maintain.

Best
Cheers, appreciate your words. People are just desperate for a working program, as I am to provide them with. Also a lot of the time there is language issues. Some languages are more direct, so when they translate to English it can come across harsher than intended. Also over the years I have come to realise, I only deal with support and people only ask for support when there is a bug / problem / issue. It's easy to think everyone has the issues, nothing works and everything is failing. But as you say, when people have no problems, when their usecases are just working fine - no one gets in contact to say "all good here, no problems" :-)
getsite2000

Post by getsite2000 »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:54 pm Also a lot of the time there is language issues. Some languages are more direct, so when they translate to English it can come across harsher than intended.
Ah right, that's probably it
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:54 pm Also over the years I have come to realise, I only deal with support and people only ask for support when there is a bug / problem / issue. It's easy to think everyone has the issues, nothing works and everything is failing. But as you say, when people have no problems, when their usecases are just working fine - no one gets in contact to say "all good here, no problems" :-)
Haha yeah, it's similar for user reviews.. dissatisfaction gets LOUDER
mcleanross

Post by mcleanross »

getsite2000 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:48 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:54 pm Also a lot of the time there is language issues. Some languages are more direct, so when they translate to English it can come across harsher than intended.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:54 pm Also over the years I have come to realise, I only deal with support and people only ask for support when there is a bug / problem / issue. It's easy to think everyone has the issues, nothing works and everything is cookie clicker failing. But as you say, when people have no problems, when their usecases are just working fine - no one gets in contact to say "all good here, no problems" :-)
Yes, one thing worth mentioning here is that if you want to keep your followers, you have to increase interaction :lol:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

mcleanross wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:33 am
getsite2000 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:48 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:54 pm Also over the years I have come to realise, I only deal with support and people only ask for support when there is a bug / problem / issue. It's easy to think everyone has the issues, nothing works and everything is cookie clicker failing. But as you say, when people have no problems, when their usecases are just working fine - no one gets in contact to say "all good here, no problems" :-)
Yes, one thing worth mentioning here is that if you want to keep your followers, you have to increase interaction :lol:
if not a bot, reactivate