Max number of personal accounts per IP

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
getsite2000

Max number of personal accounts per IP

Post by getsite2000 »

Hi,

I recently purchased SCManager. I will be using it to use the Follow feature* only, on different accounts
I'm wondering: how many personal accounts can I use using my home IP adress? (without any proxies)
  • Those are real accounts to release music (different styles and aliases)
  • They are somewhat aged, I use them sometimes to browse, listen to tracks, upload drafts, ...
  • I don't use those accounts to do mass actions and increase plays, likes, etc..
  • For instance: monday I'll be managing account #1, tuesday account #2, etc..
I was thinking about using SCManager to manage 3-5 accounts maybe, is it risky? What's the limit?

Thanks

*Follow feature as in: "Follow Followers Of" in order to attract users to my profile
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Max number of personal accounts per IP

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Are these accounts you normally log into from home? If so, then it is not a problem***, the accounts are already tied to your home IP.

*** with the understanding the accounts are not pushed. If you just automate what you would do manually then it is fine. If you were to try and run them 24x7 at 100% then you could stumble over into annoying spam territory and then you might have problems
getsite2000

Post by getsite2000 »

Are these accounts you normally log into from home? If so, then it is not a problem***, the accounts are already tied to your home IP.
Yes I've been using them from my home computer in a normal way, on Chrome, for years/months

Ok thank you :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Then you are fine using the same IP. The only reason to use proxies is to HIDE the fact they are controlled by the same machine / location / person.

So for real accounts you use not a problem. But if you wanted to create 100 new accounts to push users towards your main account THEN you would want to hide them with proxies

Regards,
Martin