SCM 3.443 Installer doesn't run

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
sntx

SCM 3.443 Installer doesn't run

Post by sntx »

Hi Martin,

I'm running Windows Server 2016 Standard - Version 10.0.14393. The SCM 3.443 Installer doesn't run. I tried disabling Windows Defender and running the installer as administrator, but installer still doesn't open. I don't get any alerts or windows, the installer just doesn't run at all... very strange... Previous installers were running fine.

Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: SCM 3.443 Installer doesn't run

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I just tried the installer here, all is fine.

Can you explain what you mean by "installer doesn't run". Can you not run the installer it self, or does the program not run after installation?
sntx

Post by sntx »

The installer doesn't open at all... I double click it (also tried running it as admin), and the installation dialog doesn't open. The installer process doesn't appear in the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) neither... Any ideas...? Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

What OS are you using?

It seems like something on your machine is blocking the running of the installer

Please check your anti virus / security software and make sure the installer is whitelisted. Also check the av log to see if there is something indicating it has blocked it.

Perhaps try and run it as an admin user: right click installer > RUN AS ADMIN

Also whitelist the applications program files folder:

c:\program files (x86)\soundcloud manager

is whitelisted and / or all the .exe and .dlls in that folder.
sntx

Post by sntx »

sntx wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:23 pm I'm running Windows Server 2016 Standard - Version 10.0.14393. The SCM 3.443 Installer doesn't run. I tried disabling Windows Defender and running the installer as administrator, but installer still doesn't open. I don't get any alerts or windows, the installer just doesn't run at all... very strange... Previous installers were running fine.
I'll keep trying...
sntx

Post by sntx »

OK, it's running now! the problem was on my end... Windows Defender decided to block all executables in Downloads/ folder after an update... Thanks for the help Martin, always appreciated 8-)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sntx wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:03 pm OK, it's running now! the problem was on my end... Windows Defender decided to block all executables in Downloads/ folder after an update... Thanks for the help Martin, always appreciated 8-)
Thanks for letting me know and glad you found the issue :)
sntx

Post by sntx »

HI Martin,

SCM Installers are not running on Windows Server 2016 Standard (Version 1607), I'm running it on a Hostwinds server. I've been struggling with this for weeks now again.

I wiped my server and did a fresh install of Windows
Completely removed Windows Defender
I tried all the obvious things like running the installer as admin, etc...

Installer just doesn't run, nothing happens... Have you heard of this problem from other users?

Thanks,
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sntx wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:57 am HI Martin,

SCM Installers are not running on Windows Server 2016 Standard (Version 1607), I'm running it on a Hostwinds server. I've been struggling with this for weeks now again.

I wiped my server and did a fresh install of Windows
Completely removed Windows Defender
I tried all the obvious things like running the installer as admin, etc...

Installer just doesn't run, nothing happens... Have you heard of this problem from other users?

Thanks,
did you try what the OP said was their solution?

Move the installer from the downloads folder to another location, as their downloads folder was blocked from running .exe files.

move it to the desktop and try and run it from there
sntx

Post by sntx »

I am the OP... that solution doesn't really work, I've completely disabled Windows Defender now, but still cannot install it.