Soundcloud plays

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
officialsosick

Soundcloud plays

Post by officialsosick »

I have a question when boosting soundcloud plays how long is each play like does each play, Play for 1 minute or 30 seconds, or maybe 1 second and
can we set it as well?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Soundcloud plays

Post by martin@rootjazz »

It doesn't actually play it, just makes the requests to simulate a play. There is no way to set the duration
officialsosick

Post by officialsosick »

one more question the way it is set up do you think I could use the plays to get into the soundcloud charts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I imagine Soundcloud uses lots of different metrics to decide on chart positions.

Anonymous plays (not made by accounts) mostly originating in China / Indonesia / Vietnam (the typical public proxy countries) probably are not valued as much as local proxies by accounts logged in.

For example, if you were a funk band in London. Having 100 soundcloud accounts (from london) listen to your track could be more valuable than 1000 chinese plays from non accounts.

Equally a play from an account with 50k followers might be worth more than an account with 10 followers.
Same for likes / reposts.

But this is all conjecture, just what I would assume Soundcloud does, as anyone with a load of public proxies could easily manipulate their charts making them useless