Advice on Effective Tasks for 2018

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
timmadness

Advice on Effective Tasks for 2018

Post by timmadness »

I know Soundcloud is slowly dying and the user base is shrinking more and more.

What are some tasks you've made that have been most effective in getting more followers to your page?

E.g. "Following followers of popular pages, Commenting on commenters of a popular track" etc.

Just looking for specific task making advice for people who have been using the program for a long time.

Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Advice on Effective Tasks for 2018

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The IDEA before promoting your account is the same as in 2012 as it is now in 2018. That doesn't change.

1) Find users
2) Interact with them
3) the user gets a notification and checks your profile out
4) they follow you

So all you need to do is think about
1)
2)

How to find users who MIGHT be interested in your music? Only you can know this and we assume you know your target audience. If you are an underground hiphop DJ playing obscure records, then fans of eminem are unlikely to give you a look. So following followers of eminem is pointless. In this case, following smaller / underground artists is going to be better.

Are you looking for artists? Rather than just "listeners"? Then run searches on who has uploaded tracks.

Think about your filters (but don't do crazy on filters - if they is not a reason you can explain for choosing an option, then don't set it). The more filters you use the more restrictive the more users you ignore.

Then what actions? follow / like / reposts. You will have to review what is working for you. Comments / DMs can work well, but can get spammy so be careful.

I know I have sent you this before, but including it for others who might see it,

There are two ways you can increase your stats. You can either boost them using your created fake accounts and instruct those to accounts to follow you, like your tracks, repost your tracks, comment of your tracks etc

Or (and more importantly) you can use engaging techniques to gain real followers / likes / reposts etc.

Soundcloudmanager allows you to:
1) follow and unfollow 100s of accounts every day. A certain % will follow you back
2) Search and favourite tracks. Again, when you favourite other tracks, these users get a message and will come check your profile / tracks out
3) Comment on other tracks (similar to 2)
4) Send messages direct to users (this functionality is quite limited due to soundcloud limiting)
5) Search and Repost tracks
6) Create playlists

Soundcloud Manager gives you many ways to find users to engage with
1) Normal search
2) location search
3) followers of x
4) users follower by x
5) track search via classic search
6) users commented on a track
7) track search via v2 search (includes genre / dt added filter)
8) track search via tag search (returns most recent tracks uploaded with tags)
9) users returned via tag search

and probably some more ways I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Soundcloud Manager also includes an advanced filter system for tracks and users, so you can filter via various parameters, such as
* number of likes
* number of plays
* number of comments
* genres
* date uploaded
* number of days been on soundcloud
* number of tracks

In order to gain real followers, real likes, real plays on your tracks there are various methods you can use. For this, there is more information on the forum

Soundcloud Manger Strategies for a single account
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=439

Soundcloud Promotion Strategies
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=399
timmadness

Post by timmadness »

Martin,
Thanks for taking the time out to respond, I really appreciate the help brother!! :P
virtuoso

Post by virtuoso »

One feature I’d add: following users that interact with a common tag(like house)
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

virtuoso wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:00 pm One feature I’d add: following users that interact with a common tag(like house)
You can do that using custom search
HAshtag follow
Search using hashtag
In so many ways..

I would like to know few tags also that i can test and tell you the best.
Can you please provide me some tags?

Regards
virtuoso

Post by virtuoso »

Custom search is not user friendly, personally I find it hard to use...don't really understand how the selections work
support@rootjazz

virtuoso wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 am Custom search is not user friendly, personally I find it hard to use...don't really understand how the selections work
Please learn how to use custom search -
This will help you to solve so many issues - It is just a time saver..

I could not find custom search tutorial for SCM but here is a link of a video that might help you to understand the thing - :)
Please watch -

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5768

Please watch this settings -

This setting will allow you to follow user using trach tag search.
I am not sure what did you mean by interact but if you need more help, we are here to help.

Regards
support@rootjazz

virtuoso wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 am Custom search is not user friendly, personally I find it hard to use...don't really understand how the selections work
Please learn how to use custom search -
This will help you to solve so many issues - It is just a time saver..

I could not find custom search tutorial for SCM but here is a link of a video that might help you to understand the thing - :)
Please watch -

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5768

Please watch this settings -

This setting will allow you to follow user using trach tag search.
I am not sure what did you mean by interact but if you need more help, we are here to help.

Regards
virtuoso

Post by virtuoso »

What I mean is targeting the fans of the artists...stealing the creators fanbase of #microhouse (people that like tracks/follow users using that tag)
support@rootjazz

virtuoso wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:17 pm What I mean is targeting the fans of the artists...stealing the creators fanbase of #microhouse (people that like tracks/follow users using that tag)
If i were you -

I would do find 1 microhouse artist

then scrape his followers

then will follow those followers with my account/accounts

I would comment some nice comments in microhouse tracks comments panel that brings users to watch my uploads / my profile

Tell me what do you need more..

Regards