Feature needed

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
Bartekef

Feature needed

Post by Bartekef »

Hey!

So I got thousands of previously scrapped URLs

Now I need to determine which have PLAYLISTS, and those which have ALBUMS - and export these URLs

Musicians I target, usually drop full albums, which they make playlists for. Any way to do that???

It would be best if possible to process it on .txt with already scrapped profile URLs.

Thank you!
support@rootjazz

Re: Feature needed

Post by support@rootjazz »

Bartekef wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:22 pm Hey!

Now I need to determine which have PLAYLISTS, and those which have ALBUMS - and export these URLs

Musicians I target, usually drop full albums, which they make playlists for. Any way to do that???

It would be best if possible to process it on .txt with already scrapped profile URLs.

Thank you!
Not sure that there is an scrape and filter function in SCM, but i have asked to martin. He may help you regarding this. :)
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

support@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:38 pm
Bartekef wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:22 pm Hey!

Thank you!
Not sure that there is an scrape and filter function in SCM, but i have asked to martin. He may help you regarding this. :)
ok
Really need that one asap
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I was not aware SC had an albums feature, you got a link to an album on SC?

But there is no way to bulk scrape plalists from a list of profile URLs, you'd have to do it one by one to scrape all tracks (which may include playlists, I don't know for sure) then remove non-sets from the list. So not very "automated" I'm afraid
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:03 pm I was not aware SC had an albums feature, you got a link to an album on SC?

But there is no way to bulk scrape plalists from a list of profile URLs, you'd have to do it one by one to scrape all tracks (which may include playlists, I don't know for sure) then remove non-sets from the list. So not very "automated" I'm afraid
sent you in private message

Any other way to find out? those with playlists are most likely to work with me, like my target, and really need to get emm!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:03 pm I was not aware SC had an albums feature, you got a link to an album on SC?

Any other way to find out? those with playlists are most likely to work with me, like my target, and really need to get emm!
I don't remember (and I don't think so) but does SCRAPE PROFILE DETAILS scrape all tracks? It might (but probably doesn't). If it does you could do that, then parse the urls with /sets/ in the URL.

Apart from that possibility (which probably doesn't do it anyway) no the program doesn't.

Actually, you might be able to scrape track lists from the PLAY TAB by entering a filepath instead of a profile URL, but depending on the numbers you may hit limits (1000 profiles with 10 tracks each is 10,000 scrapes...) as it isn't proxied (check the scrape tab doesn't have this option with proxy support)

The code isn't complex to add, but less than 2 days before the Christmas holidays begin, I just don't have time. I have issues / updates to get out for broken features due to site changes to make and a million other things. Basically custom features that benefit a single user just are not a priority in the next couple of days. Sorry
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 pm
Bartekef wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 pm

I don't remember (and I don't think so) but does SCRAPE PROFILE DETAILS scrape all tracks? It might (but probably doesn't). If it does you could do that, then parse the urls with /sets/ in the URL.

Apart from that possibility (which probably doesn't do it anyway) no the program doesn't.

Actually, you might be able to scrape track lists from the PLAY TAB by entering a filepath instead of a profile URL, but depending on the numbers you may hit limits (1000 profiles with 10 tracks each is 10,000 scrapes...) as it isn't proxied (check the scrape tab doesn't have this option with proxy support)

The code isn't complex to add, but less than 2 days before the Christmas holidays begin, I just don't have time. I have issues / updates to get out for broken features due to site changes to make and a million other things. Basically custom features that benefit a single user just are not a priority in the next couple of days. Sorry
Totally understandable
No, profile details doesn't scrape sets :(
Maybe I will ask you after holidays?

On the other hand, thank you for introducing me to Notepad++, really helps with managing lists.
Now as I have profile details, I've got BIO's scrapped too. And I want to export all soundcloud URLS which has 'Spotify' and 'iTunes' in bio. I can find 'spotify' and 'iTunes' with notepad++, which highlihts the line with each profile, but how to exactly scrape only soundcloud links using that search??

The point is to export all soundcloud profile URLs which have 'Spotify' and 'iTunes' phrases in bio.
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

The point is to export all soundcloud profile URLs which have 'Spotify' and 'iTunes' phrases in bio.
It needs to have some filter in the SCM program, but which is currently absent in it. But, as martin said - we shall see after someday. :)
Although you can do that using Notepad ++ and with some Regular Expression or wait for martin. :)
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

support@rootjazz wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:14 am
It needs to have some filter in the SCM program, but which is currently absent in it. But, as martin said - we shall see after someday. :)
Although you can do that using Notepad ++ and with some Regular Expression or wait for martin. :)
Okay thank you I will wait then :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:38 pm

On the other hand, thank you for introducing me to Notepad++, really helps with managing lists.
Now as I have profile details, I've got BIO's scrapped too. And I want to export all soundcloud URLS which has 'Spotify' and 'iTunes' in bio. I can find 'spotify' and 'iTunes' with notepad++, which highlihts the line with each profile, but how to exactly scrape only soundcloud links using that search??

I would have thought a FILTER would have allowed you to filter in bio include: itunes,spotify.

Then you could do profile details scrape on the filtered list.

But if you have the list already, you would need to either
1) use excel which "might" be able to do it.
2) use a quick program
loop all lines > if line contains X or Y, save Z (scrape links from line)

a simple script would do it, but you'd need to program that yourself, as am not aware of any such programs.