How do YOU determine if user is using SC (is active) ?

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
Bartekef

How do YOU determine if user is using SC (is active) ?

Post by Bartekef »

Hey!

So I have A LOT of profiles to follow. Like over hundred thousand (these are followers of profiles who make similar music to mine - well, there are potential customers in this group).

I ask YOU - users and admins - to get wider perspective and maybe get inspired by what you are doing, to improve my results. :)

1) First question - how do you determine whether user is actually using soundcloud? There is no longer 'on-line' option, so we couldn't know when user last logged in. 'Last active' - well, I had some customers who never comment, never like, have no uploads; their profiles look like ghosts - while they are using soundcloud a lot, just to listen ! How do you differentiate user worth following from not worth doing so??

2) Second - I've got one main account, and 4 side profiles. I follow followers of the same users with all my profiles. (I share that action to not follow the same profiles with different accounts). My side profiles point to my main - I try to get as many people as possible to get to my main profile and buy from there (or go to my site).

So I upload daily to my main, and repost with 4 side's. The thing is, as far as I know - my main profile's reposts/posts are hitting much wider audience than my side's due to the algorithm favoring my main as it uploads a lot - and my side profiles have no uploads at all, just reposts.

I can go and grow only my main, but using all 5 accounts I can follow 5 times more people a day. What do you think is better way, when having potentially hundreds of thousands to follow?

Please share your experience fellas!
Thank you!
support@rootjazz

Re: How do YOU determine if user is using SC (is active) ?

Post by support@rootjazz »

Nothing to say for ghosts users. lol.

Make as many accounts as you want and promote your main account. :lol: