Proper REPOST config using PROXIES...

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
torin

Proper REPOST config using PROXIES...

Post by torin »

Questions about appropriately reposting a SPECIFIC TRACK from SECONDARY accounts with PROXIES...

I have individual proxies set up in each account's configuration.

1) Should I use "Share and Repost" or "Mass Track Repost"
2) Should "Use Ac Creation Proxy" be checked or unchecked?
3) Should "Allow Multi Acs Per Proxy" be unchecked?
4) Should "Allow No Proxy" be unchecked?

Thanks... trying to be extra careful
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Proper REPOST config using PROXIES...

Post by martin@rootjazz »

1) Should I use "Share and Repost" or "Mass Track Repost"
a) MASS actions are when you use YOUR accounts to process a single item repeatedly. So all your accounts will repost your track URL.

b) Search and Repost, is where you search for many URLs and use a single account to repost those tracks. The hope is, the artist who has their track reposted, will check your profile out.

c) Share accounts reposting, is when you select multiple accounts to perform a search and repost action (b). This means, each account will repost a track in sequence and no two accounts will repost the same track. This means, across the accounts you can easily repost large numbers without any duplicate.

You want MASS REPOST
2) Should "Use Ac Creation Proxy" be checked or unchecked?
Checked. This will make SCM use the ACCOUNT CREATION PROXY that is assigned via the accounts details popup
3) Should "Allow Multi Acs Per Proxy" be unchecked?
This only applies if you are not using the account proxy
4) Should "Allow No Proxy" be unchecked?
If you are using account proxies, it doesn't matter

Those check boxes are quite old functionality and probably can be removed now. As when the app was first released you could get away with more on SC and didn't have to be so careful, plus the more advanced features and accounts tab didn't exist, so provided a way to control the proxy assignment easily.

Now, there are better was for controlling this. I hope to, next week, redo each tab and remove all advanced functionality to a popup tab, making the main tab more simple for novice users and adding more advanced features for more advanced users. Those check boxes will be coming off I think
torin

Post by torin »

Thank you for the detailed answer... and thank you for continually updating this rad software!

Root Jazz is Most Triumphant! :D
banjoblues

Post by banjoblues »

Hey Martin,

I've always had a problem with the "Search and Repost" function whereupon I select 10 accounts and they will keep reposting the same 2 or 3 songs for all 10 accounts. I have "Repost track once" checked and the "Share across accounts" square checked. My understanding is when you have "Share across accounts" checked, the processor isn't supposed to be reposting the same tracks to the 10 accounts.

I'm pretty sure the "Share across accounts" checkbox works correctly for the "Follow" option but not the "Repost" option. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong or it's just a bug in the software.

Thanks,

J
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

banjoblues wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:02 pm Hey Martin,

I've always had a problem with the "Search and Repost" function whereupon I select 10 accounts and they will keep reposting the same 2 or 3 songs for all 10 accounts. I have "Repost track once" checked and the "Share across accounts" square checked. My understanding is when you have "Share across accounts" checked, the processor isn't supposed to be reposting the same tracks to the 10 accounts.
They should not be reposting the same tracks.
Check UNIQUE
check SHARED
then for each search, not account will repost any track reposted by the other and will not repost the same within the action.

The only case where it could happen is if you try and run multiple actions at the same time due to contention issues on the database.
i.e you run 10 actions with the same 100 accounts, with similar searches that may return the same tracks (action1: genre: house action2 genre deephouse action3 tech house: these 3 actions may return the same tracks)

Thus when the actions run the checks are made, no account has reposted them, then the actions run and end up reposting the same.

I'm pretty sure the "Share across accounts" checkbox works correctly for the "Follow" option but not the "Repost" option. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong or it's just a bug in the software.

Thanks,

J
As above, I'd need more details.
What searches
how often
when do repeats occurs

The more details the better
banjoblues

Post by banjoblues »

Okay thanks, I got it working!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)