Current DM Settings

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
iggypoprocks

Current DM Settings

Post by iggypoprocks »

I have been having a lot of success with soundcloudmanager. I have around 2500 fans now, and its been going great. (FWIW, all i did was use the promo option, which follows 100 ppl, and does likes. I run it every 25 hours so as to not follow more than every 24 hours).

I haven't ventured into the DM world on SC, and was wondering some tricks and tips. I just want to send one DM to all of my fans, with a link in it. I understand the need for spintax so no problems there. Just wondering about basic safe time/# per day/amount settings.

What have you guys experienced with DMs with SCM?

Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Current DM Settings

Post by martin@rootjazz »

DMs are difficult, Soundcloud have stated before they don't want people over using it.

Thus sending 2500 messgaes to your followers will be tough.

You won't be able to send the same message over and over (but you can bypass by using tokens to include the recipients name / username.

As to sending the same link? Maybe, but honestly I don't know.

As to limits per day, again I don't know as haven't done it for a long time (about 5 years ago when I launched SCM and thought it would be a good idea to spam 10000s of DMs.

Also, it is easy to annoy with DMs, even if the message isn't spam, if the user is annoyed they can report it / complain, which *may* lead to issues.

But at worst you will get is a temp ban from sending DMs for 24 hours, then after if you carry on the blocks will be longer, 2 days, 1 week.

But try it out, see how it goes. Try 20 DMs a day, if that is fine, try 40..