How long would you wait to delete a comment?

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
givenchyboy

How long would you wait to delete a comment?

Post by givenchyboy »

I've made 3,000 comments and it kinda looks a little ridiculous on my page. I've deleted comments in the past, but got called out on it from a few users and I noticed my following drop pretty quick. So my question is: How long would you wait to delete a comment to avoid the action being noticed? 2 months? 3 months?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How long would you wait to delete a comment?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I wouldn't worry about it. Some artists may only have a a handful of tracks and just have a couple of comments on each that they know off by heart and meticulously check. You could wait 2 years and they would still notice.

Perhaps you could scrape your commented on tracks.
Then filter those which have more than 50? comments.

Then just remove those comments. No one is going to notice their track went from 50 comments to 49. Well less likely.

Perhaps think about other filter metrics, which may help to decide which tracks to remove comments from.
givenchyboy

Post by givenchyboy »

Yea i see what you're saying. I made a custom search with "tracks commented on by user" and used my own URL and set the filter, but it doesn't seem to work, It just stops with a URI error in the processing log.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

givenchyboy wrote:Yea i see what you're saying. I made a custom search with "tracks commented on by user" and used my own URL and set the filter, but it doesn't seem to work, It just stops with a URI error in the processing log.
Should work, unless soundcloud have changed how the search works. Submit your logs and i'll take a look

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

I'll also run a quick test
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

fixed commented on scrape. Will be in the next update. I'll let you know when it is ready
givenchyboy

Post by givenchyboy »

Works! Thanks, gunna come up with some way to make this deleting process really easy
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)