Reducing SC server power consumption...?

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
athen

Reducing SC server power consumption...?

Post by athen »

I have a desktop computer where SC Manager is running. SC Manager does something once-twice a day. The rest of the day the computer does nothing.

Electricity costs for the computer could be less. Any tips on how to set up the computer so that SC Manager works but it consumes minimal amount of power between and during processing?

The computer is desktop computer with powerful (800W) power source, i7-quad core ivy bridge, Asus Z77 motherboard, Win7 64-bit OS and using GPU of i7.

I have not touched Win7 power settings for a while, the computer used to be music computer so some power settings (in Win7 Power Options and in BIOS) might be disabled.

- How low wattage (10W, 20W, 30W, 50W...?) do you think it is possible to reach for this kind of computer by tweaking Win7 / BIOS settings, so that the computer does not sleep/standby...?

- is it possible to sleep/standby so that SC Manager automatically wakes up the computer when there is need?

- although I dont think that sleep mode even works, I remember that I had some trouble and disabled it.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Reducing SC server power consumption...?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Honestly, I have no idea.

I don't really know,but I assume for better power usage you would want a minimum spec machine, with as many programs switch off as you can, so literally only the OS essentials are running.

Turn off the monitor.

errr, cannot really think of anything. The program wasn't designed with power efficiency in mind, if so a more low level would have been used and lots of things would have been different.

TLDR. Not much you can do
botoshima

Re: Reducing SC server power consumption...?

Post by botoshima »

Try using a laptop , it will consume much less, around 60W.