Undoing Merged Logs

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
Fatbeets123

Undoing Merged Logs

Post by Fatbeets123 »

Hey Martin!

So I merged the logs of a few accounts for following, but now they simply can't find any users to follow. They scrape about 40 accounts then once they've confirmed that they're all already processed it just schedules a new process for the next day. Any ideas on how to get it to continue scraping until if finds something or undo the merged logs all together?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Undoing Merged Logs

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Not possible to undo unless you have backups turned on (and even then might be complex)

However, the action "should" keep scrolling through the search results until it finds results you have not processed previously, which sounds like what you actually want. So sounds like something isn't working there.

Can you copy and paste the action logs if you have them and submit app logs: HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Also detail out the search and any filter and other options you have specified for this action
Fatbeets123

Post by Fatbeets123 »

Log ID is 61268. The filter is Electro House in the last month
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

If you mean TAG SEARCH instead of ADV TRACK SEARCH (which allows tags) then it could be because TAG SEARCH gives limited results, usually the most popular. So it doesn't change much.

It sounds like you are using the wrong search, when what you should be using is the track search with DATE UPLOADED option. this is a date based search of soundcloud NOT a filter. This means soundcloud returns ONLY tracks uploaded in the last month. Whereas what you are searching for is: give me the most popular tracks. Then when you have these results, removing tracks older than a month. However, the results are mostly going to be all old tracks, as it takes time to become a popular track, probably more than a month. So basically you are performing: Search for old tracks and remove old tracks...

When searching for tracks, you will need to include a title search (didn't used to, but now you do). But you can do

a, electro, last_month
e, electro, last_month
i, electro, last_month
o, electro, last_month
u, electro, last_month

Which should give you all results
Fatbeets123

Post by Fatbeets123 »

Awesome!

So where would I put:

a, electro, last_month
e, electro, last_month
i, electro, last_month
o, electro, last_month
u, electro, last_month

?

Would I put it in the the first section of track search and then just add genre, date added time period, and track length? Or is that string for a text document to put into tag search?

Thanks for that all the help so far! I know I'll asked alot of questions recently. I really appreciate everything you do!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fatbeets123 wrote:Awesome!

So where would I put:

a, electro, last_month
e, electro, last_month
i, electro, last_month
o, electro, last_month
u, electro, last_month

?

Would I put it in the the first section of track search and then just add genre, date added time period, and track length? Or is that string for a text document to put into tag search?

Thanks for that all the help so far! I know I'll asked alot of questions recently. I really appreciate everything you do!

two ways.

in the box for title search: put: a
in the genre box: electro
In the date upload dropdown: select: last_month

click search

or you can bulk import via file.

create a file as (one per line)

a, electro, last_month
e, electro, last_month
i, electro, last_month
o, electro, last_month
u, electro, last_month