Soundcloud Manger Strategies for a single account

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
DoomBoom

Soundcloud Manger Strategies for a single account

Post by DoomBoom »

Hello.

Recently purchased Soundcloud manager and it is truly an incredible program. Very powerful. Thank you for developing this!

It is a little overwhelming and there are so many options. I am not using it for profit but for promoting a single Soundcloud page.

I started off by following followers of someone famous in a similar genre and had great results. I followed 1000 people over 3-4 days with 1, 1:30 minute delays between each follow (And the play track and like track feature on). I had no problems. I decided I would un-follow people at the same rate so as to keep a good flow going. However my un-follow process worked instantly for some reason and unfollowed 1000 people in 3 seconds. When I tried to re-create a follow 500 people over 4 days with the same intervals I got banned from following for 2 days.

This program is powerful. And I love the tutorials online. However I was hoping someone could give me a good strategy to go by just to promote my own accounts music over 3 month period where i'll be releasing 10 new songs. The LAST thing I want is to get permanently banned so a good minimal strategy that is effective and can be automated (Scheduling etc.)

In helping me devleop this strategy I was wondering...

What is the most effecting processes. I'm assuming it's following famous peoples followers, with the play track and like track enabled. That is what I did first.
I don't totally understand how to effectively use ADD Groups. Since the limit is 85 I wasn't sure if there was a strategy so that it is continuously adding to groups and removing them at a safe pace over long periods of times and is repeated?
Is there an advantage to creating new accounts... I haven't delved into that part but I thought it might be useful as they can re-post my tracks and possibly work more aggressively but I am not totally clear as to how I can use that to my advantage to promote one Soundcloud account.

Anyone who would like to chime in and help me create an effective Strategy it would be greatly appreciated. This program is so amazing and powerful. And I have a pretty good understanding how it "works." But if anyone could me understand how to really use it "effectively" and "safely", it would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Thank you Rootjazz for this amazing product! Worth every dime

-DoomBoom
DoomBoom

Re: Soundcloud Manger Strategies for a single account

Post by DoomBoom »

Also, I was a little suprised I got banned from following for 2 days. I followed 1000 people over the span of a week. And I probbaly liked 1200 tracks over that time as well (For some reason is was liking more than one song on CERTAIN peoples page).

I'm trying to understand why it happened. Is it because I unfollowed 1000 people instantly? (which was a mistake)... Or is it because I was constantly actively following people for an extended period of time...

In other words. Is it more dangerous to be constantly active with timed delays? I know it is dangerous to do mass actions over a short period of time.

So maybe an understanding of following and unfollowing rates that are safe. And time delays, scheduling.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

It is a little overwhelming and there are so many options.
If you have any questions at all, big of or small, just post them up here. If you would like a video tutorial on any feature, just let me know
However my un-follow process worked instantly for some reason and unfollowed 1000 people in 3 seconds.
I am checking this now, it shouldn't be instant, not even if you set no pause timings, it should still loop through. I don't suppose you checked the processing logs did you? Did it report SUCCESS for all?
However I was hoping someone could give me a good strategy to go by just to promote my own accounts music
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=399
http://soundcloudmanager.com/soundcloud-promotion.html

I have been trying to put together some materials for this, and I hope to have a "walk through" module setup soon for this very goal

Basically, once your stats are not "empty" (give a few plays / likes / comments), it is all about interaction. If you interact with other accounts, a % check you out. So it is a numbers game. The more you interact, the more you get back.

But, there are limits, as you say. So you need to do as much as you can with less.

Following users of a popular artist, is a good way to *FIND* many users, but you have to ask what kind of user are they.

I have discussed this at length with others, we all have different opinions, so there is no right or wrong. What works for one, might not work for another. So you will need to think and test.

How can I do more with less.
When you following all followers of, this is a shotgun approach. Many users will no longer use Soundcloud, many might not be *that* active any more. Some may only be "listeners" and not active members of the community.

The first way to improve your success rate, is to make sure users are active.
The easiest way to do this, is to check if they currently online. I am trying to find out if there is a "last online" check I can perform, but so far, I haven't found it.

I think (and I emphasize *I*), that followers of a popular artist, may not be the best users to follow. Mainly, because if you are following a major artist (and I mean mainstrean, not a popular underground artist) that you are not (potentially) so interested in discovering new music, unless it is pushed to from the normal mainstream media. No pop star has ever come from soundcloud, nor will they. They come from Xfactor, from paid tv appearances, they are crafted by PR agencies.

The users who are more likely to check out an unheard artist, are those who are passionate about music, those who spend hours checking every release on beatport, those who go through the underground rock fanzines looking for new obscure bands. These users are likely to check you out and are not so likely to be following a mainstream artist on soundcloud.

Users who have uploaded their own music, are going to be more attentive to their tracks, to their followers, as they are in the same boat as you (getting their music "out there"). A listener (someone who hasn't uploaded anything to soundcloud) is not going to react the same to getting a follower as a band / DJ / producer etc. Due to this, I think it is better to follow users by a track search, with a date filter (track uploaded in the last day, last week etc)

But, as I said, just my opinion, depends on your genre etc. But regardless, this is all fine tuning, if you follow users, a % follow you back. Playing / liking a track before you do, is a great way to hit them with a realistic follow and give them multi notifications that you are really following them and not just an automated follow.

The same with other Interaction methods.
Liking:
Commenting: BUT GO EASY, you must have a highly targeted list as commenting is limited. Also you need a good list of comments to not seem to spammy
Messaging: As above. SCM is the only bot to automate V2 messaging, I am not aware of any other bot that can send messages. You can now include multi tracks waveform players. Use it. (Check it out in the browser if you haven't before). This the best way to get users to respond to you. BUT GO EASY. This list must be HIGHLY TARGETED, as it is limited and it is all but guaranteed to get your results.

Unfollow: I tend to set it up as. Unfollow 100 users after have followed them for a week, do not unfollow if following me, repeat every 24 hours

Reposting is good, as it gets a link on the track page to your profile, but it does fill your profile up.

With all the above, I would set them to AUTO REPEAT every 12 hours, or every 24 hours. And keep your numbers down to a realistic level. You do not want to follow a 1000 users in one day, then leave it for 10 days. Do a 100 a day.

The next way is run an army of accounts. These accounts you want looking as realistic as possible. Have them liking and following on a share accs repeat action that doesn't end (so requires no input from you and will just run and run).
I tend to do a track search, with upload in the last hour, repeat every hour, to make sure the tracks are fresh, the user is probably still online and paying close attention to those tracks. Then I set limits of about 100 likes a day and about 80 follows a day (divided by 24). You can also use the new global / account specific limits to limit this, but I just work it out in the action settings :)

Then once these army of accounts have follows, I repost the main account tracks and create a playlist.

Running a fake army, does mean you need to understand proxies, email accounts and signups.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Regarding proxies. There is information on the forum
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185&p=393&hilit=proxies#p393

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=136&p=256&hilit=proxies#p256

Forum Post on creating accounts:viewtopic.php?f=15&t=269

Regarding creating accounts. It is not as simple as clicking "I want 100 accounts".

You will need to understand
Proxies
Catchall email accounts or Imported email accounts (with pop settings)

Most sites require you to provide a valid email account. This is used to send you a verification mail. The program will need to log into the email account, and then click the verification link.

Creating accounts can be done via
1) Catchall email account
2) Imported email accounts

More info on the types here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74&p=125&hilit=catchall#p125

Also, you cannot just create 100s of accounts from your machine. As the site will detect this and will know there is no reason why a single machine will be creating 100s of accounts. Thus will delete them all.

So you will need to use proxies. A proxy is basically a computer connected to the internet you can control. The app will connect to these machines and use those to signup the accounts. Thus it will appear as the signups occurred from machines around the world.

More info on proxies
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185&p=393&hilit=proxies#p393
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=136&p=256&hilit=proxies#p256
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

have made this a sticky, so hopefully we can add to it and make it a useful resource with differing opinions and reasonings and methodologies and ideas
Jens Haubensack

Post by Jens Haubensack »

martin@rootjazz wrote:have made this a sticky, so hopefully we can add to it and make it a useful resource with differing opinions and reasonings and methodologies and ideas
Ok, so maybe we can refine a strategy to push a single account to total soundcloud domination.

My manifested goal is to get listed on the "explore" page of my genre.

So, what is neccessary to get there?

When you first check the top tracks in the genre, you might think it's the number of plays. But on a second thought, this can't be the only aspect. In the genre I'm aiming at, there are very few tracks that get over 100k. The really big names get 20-30k, but most of the tracks are around 1k-5k, the starters count 500+ plays.
So, what else is there that could be held accountable? Likes, comments, reposts. Obviously. But again, there is a great variance.

My first approach was to increase the plays of my tracks, thus increasing attraction. If posted to a group, few people will listen to a track with 5 plays. With 500, it's much more likely they will hear you.

Secondly, gain followers. This can be done very effectively by the techniques already posted here. If you add the "like" routine to your add-followers routine, they will return the favour, and they will even outperform you on this. Some of my new followers liked, reposted and commented on much more of my songs than I interacted with them (via soundcloud manager).

By posting tracks to different groups regularly I attrackted new followers without following them in the first place.

So, the conclusion is: once you reach a critical mass, getting your music heard is MUCH easier and it will develop it's own dynamism.

But with over 100 new followers in less than a week, a sufficient number of plays, a lot of likes and a good of handfull of reposts as well as comments - and apart from half of the plays they are real and organic - I gathered I'd finally have to be on the "explore" page. But oh how wrong I was, lol.
So I decided to dig deeper and find out about soundcloud's bowels.

Soundcloud has it's own ranking algorythm, they call it "discorank". Your popularity (and your songs popularity) is measured depending on a number of "events". These events can be all kinds of interactions: likes, comments, reposts, plays, etc. Not all events are known to the public. All those events are weighed differently, and from what I've gathered the plays have the lowest weighing.
But it's not all that simple, if you want to create an army of bots to gather all the likes and reposts, it's likely that this will not get you featured on the explore page, because the interactions are weighed differently depending on the user who's performing the respective action. So if your song is reposted by Kayne West or the liking, this single repost will have much more impact than 100s of reposts by low-profile users.
Also, the events are weighed on how recently they happened. The shorter they happen after you post a song, the more they will count. A song will not enter the "explore" list a week after it has been posted.

So it becomes obvious that real social interaction is still the key to success and you cannot have true success on soundcloud just by automation.
It helps to reach an audience, and it does wonders, really. Plain and simple: it would have not been possible to get this much exposure in that short ammount if time without SCM.
But if you really want to own it (and come from nowhere), you have to get involved on a personal level.

What is unclear to me is if the plays are weighed differently from where they are triggered, if a play weighs more if it's triggered from a facebook group or a tweet. I think so, but I couldn't find any official confirmation for this.
So maybe including referer spoofing into scm would add to it's punch :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

So maybe including referer spoofing into scm would add to it's punch :)
Good idea, added to suggestions list, will take a look into it next week
aw564211

Post by aw564211 »

I've noticed a lot of talk about the interactions regarding what the limits are and whats acceptable. I haven't seen to much about promoting a single accounts plays regarding timeframe, limits, etc. Whats' an acceptable amount of plays to put on a song per hour? per 24 hours? etc. If I wanted to get the song to 10k plays from 500, what would be a safe strategy and timeframe to accomplish this?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I have NEVER been aware of any problems of just throwing as many plays to a track as you can.

However if you want to go slow, that is probably a wise thing to do.

If you want to be safe. Just think how it would be done normally. Tracks gather speed. So maybe
first day 10,
second day 20,
3rd day 50,
4th day 200
5th day 100
6th day 500
7th day 600
8th day 1000

etc. But there are no rules really. As I say, plays have never caused issues that I AM AWARE OF.
mduffus

Post by mduffus »

Hello,

I'm new to Soundcloud manager and so far all I have been able to do successfully is generate plays for my tracks which is OK, but I would like to get some real promotion done as well. I tried to follow the promo wizard (the star) which seems very straightforward. However, it doesn't look like I'm getting any results. Every task runs for about 10 seconds and switches to "waiting" and says "ignored" in the result column. Am I missing a step?

V2: o,kompa,last_day(1) using 1 accounts - (1)
V2: o,kompa,last_day(1) using 1 accounts - (1)
Starting: 22/06/2020 23:22 PM
play before: True
num: 1
Login: One Love Radio:mduffus@gmail.com: xxxxxxxxxxx
loaded: 3 cookies
Attempting automatic cookie login: One Love Radio No Proxy
Cookie login successful: One Love Radio No Proxy
Reloaded from cookies: One Love Radio
Get user details: https://soundcloud.com/oneloveradiokizomba: One Love Radio
Search: o:kompa:last_day
No filter set
Searching: o, kompa, last_day,
Process: No Proxy https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/search/tr ... t=last_day
Scraping: https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/search/tr ... t=last_day No Proxy
Got page: https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/search/tr ... t=last_day
Scraped: 0 from: https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/search/tr ... t=last_day
abstracksearch: invalid nexturl - drop out?client_id=3JLYybc5BG7YPqpXxjNj8OQMnRMGYbIm&app_version=1592566117
Finished scrape: 0
Found: 0: o, kompa, last_day,
Found: 0 URLs: o:kompa:last_day
loc.used 1 account
loc.post SaveActionResults
Started: 22/06/2020 23:22 PM
Finished: 22/06/2020 23:22 PM
ID: 03a1dc02-7bed-4e44-abd7-691cf02126d1
Action ran for: 0hr:0min:4s
Repeat every: 24
Run Next: 2020-06-23 23:22 PM
Scheduled to: 2020-06-23 23:22 PM