Commenting Randomization and Possible Shared mass commenting Issue

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
Fatbeets123

Commenting Randomization and Possible Shared mass commenting Issue

Post by Fatbeets123 »

Hey Martin,

So I've got a number of accounts commenting with a rather larger list of comments. They share this list, but since it randomizes the comments I've never had an issue. Recently though I found that two accounts commented on the same track with the same comment. Statistically this is pretty wild, but I figured it's something that should definitely be looked into so it does not happen to others. The accounts commenting processes were made close to each other and they search through the same genre so I wanted to check on how SCM actually looks through soundclouds directory of tracks in a said genre and if it runs through them in a specific order or if it does so randomly. If it is the former, I think a check box allowing for a random selection inside that specific filter of tracks would be a great addition to SCM. It'd make sure that everyone using SCM who started to comment on say Deep House tracks within the month wouldn't all be hitting the same exact tracks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Commenting Randomization and Possible Shared mass commenting Issue

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You could consider MERGING PROCESSED LOGS.

Which means that no account will comment on a track if another account (merged with) has already commented on that track. If that doesn't make sense, it is like running a SHARED ACTION with the accounts, but over multiple accounts.

Probably better explain the docs (maybe)
https://soundcloudmanager.com/documentation

But you would right click the accounts on the commenting tab, right click GLOBAL MERGED PROCESSED LIST (or something like that) Give a name to the global list. And the program will do the rest.

As for your actual issue that happened, I will need to go through the app code in detail to see what happens / figure out how that could happen.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

When you create an action, the comments you save for the action will be shuffled.

When you run a search, the items are processed as returned. ie NOT shuffled. I think this is correct, as when searching, people want to process the results as returned. If I change it now, then I'll just have new support issues moaning things have changed.

As you can avoid the duplicate comment issue via GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS, I don't think there is a need to change current behaviour
Fatbeets123

Post by Fatbeets123 »

No worries, I'll give Global Processed Logs a go. Thanks!