Basic Email Scraping Instructions For Soundcloud Manager

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
rugboy2012

Basic Email Scraping Instructions For Soundcloud Manager

Post by rugboy2012 »

Hi all,
Sorry if this is incredibly basic...but I'd really like for some "dumbed down" instructions (lol) on how to simply use Soundcloud manager to be able to scrape: Email address, Contact name, Artist Name, and Genre for soundcloud users - (be able to access it as a csv file) and be able to do searches on either "genre" or "country"

I've gone through the video tutorial and I know I've done this in the past, but I can't seem to remember the steps, plus I think the version of Soundcloud manager may be slightly different now (I think I'm using: Version: 3.2.7.5)
If someone could give me step by step instructions to be able to first create the lists, and then perform the scrape tasks - that would be awesome, and much appreciated!

Cheers,

J
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Basic Email Scraping Instructions For Soundcloud Manager

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Easiest way.

Do you have a list of profile URLs to scrape? If not, scrape a list of profiles using the scrape tab.

Then enter the filepath of profile URLs into the SCRAPE EMAILS box

that's it.
rugboy2012

Post by rugboy2012 »

Hi Martin,
Thanks for reply....but can you be more specific? I understand that I need to first get the list of profile URLs but how to I search for those? Do I use the "Scrape Emails from Users" box? I would like to search by genre....but I'm not sure where to put that on the initial search?

J
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, so firstly you need to get a list of profiles.

This you would perform by SCRAPING PROFILES from the scrape tab.

You can scrape via one of the many built in options. For examples:
Scrape FOLLOWERS OF.
Enter the profile of the account you want to scrape profiles from and click SCRAPE

Or scrape FOLLOWINGS OF:
enter the profile of the account to scrape who they follow

Scrape artists who posted a track in the last week with a tag of X
enter a tag and a time period and click scrape

etc etc

Or you could build a custom search. How you can scrape profiles is pretty much unlimited. There should be numerous tutorials on scraping including an indepth look at CUSTOM SEARCH which is more complex than a normal search but offers unlimited functionality.

---------------------------------

Beginners Guide SoundcloudManager v3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtEqQSU ... mQ-y_37SdJ

SoundcloudManager v3 - All tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtEqQSU ... 8Ok47r_keF

Soundcloud Manager v3 - Features
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaJxz3M ... DfaQ5XjyLG

------------------------------

Then after you have run your scrape / s you will have many files in your saved directory HELP > SAVED DIRECTORY

If you have multiple files you can merge them manually or programmatically

You will then need to merge the resulting files: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6764 ... o-one-file

Code: Select all

Load Dos / CMD
CD c:\path\to\
copy *.txt merged.txt
You would then want to remove duplicate items from the file, for this I would recommend notepad++ with the TextFX extension

------------------------------

Once you have a file of profile URLs, enter that file path in the SCRAPE EMAILS FROM LIST function at the top of the scrape tab

What have tried so far? What stage have you got to?
rugboy2012

Post by rugboy2012 »

What if you don't know the specific profile? I seemed to remember in the past that I could search under say.."rock"?....I tried using a "Build custom search", and then selected "user search" and put "rock" in the "custom search" field. When I click on "search" and then go to processing, I simply get a string of errors show up in the box?

J
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

rugboy2012 wrote:What if you don't know the specific profile? I seemed to remember in the past that I could search under say.."rock"?....I tried using a "Build custom search", and then selected "user search" and put "rock" in the "custom search" field. When I click on "search" and then go to processing, I simply get a string of errors show up in the box?

J
Then you have to show me what those errors are so I can explain / fix the issue :)

As for submitting the issue: Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. It just helps me understand your issue without having to investigate just to figure out what the issue thus giving more time to solve the issue and carry on improving the programs. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin