Scrape Twitter - suggestion

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Scrape Twitter - suggestion

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Bartekef wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:no, I don't have it in PDF format. You might be able to find website to pdf converters online though... maybe
I mean that PDF document which was supposed to promote your product, SCM, which was an ebook which actually bringed me here.
Sorry, I thought you were referring to the documentation:

https://soundcloudmanager.com/documentation

Is that not what you mean?

I have a lot of twitter URLs scrapped (thanks to your software) and now im following them. Some of people follow me back, some don't. Some I could message directly, some not. Although, I can tweet to anyone.

Do you have an idea how can I:
1) send direct message to those who I can (this step is already easy with TwitterDUB - I will just send messages to my list in txt)
2) then, send a tweet to the rest of people from the same txt file, excluding those I sent DM before (to not duplicate)

And all that without using White list function, because I have thousands of URLs so putting them all to White list manually wouldn't be the most efficient way.

Thanks!
I don't really understand what you want todo. But lets try and walk through it.

1) you have a list of TWITTER URLS.
2) you want to send DIRECT MESSAGE to them. (Is this via twitter or soundcloud : this bit I don't understand)
3)you want to tweet a mention to the list in (1) if you didn't DM them?

What I dont' understand is for (3) you say if you didn't DM them, but why would you not DM them all in (2)
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Bartekef wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:no, I don't have it in PDF format. You might be able to find website to pdf converters online though... maybe
I mean that PDF document which was supposed to promote your product, SCM, which was an ebook which actually bringed me here.
Sorry, I thought you were referring to the documentation:

https://soundcloudmanager.com/documentation

Is that not what you mean?

I have a lot of twitter URLs scrapped (thanks to your software) and now im following them. Some of people follow me back, some don't. Some I could message directly, some not. Although, I can tweet to anyone.

Do you have an idea how can I:
1) send direct message to those who I can (this step is already easy with TwitterDUB - I will just send messages to my list in txt)
2) then, send a tweet to the rest of people from the same txt file, excluding those I sent DM before (to not duplicate)

And all that without using White list function, because I have thousands of URLs so putting them all to White list manually wouldn't be the most efficient way.

Thanks!
I don't really understand what you want todo. But lets try and walk through it.

1) you have a list of TWITTER URLS.
2) you want to send DIRECT MESSAGE to them. (Is this via twitter or soundcloud : this bit I don't understand)
3)you want to tweet a mention to the list in (1) if you didn't DM them?

What I dont' understand is for (3) you say if you didn't DM them, but why would you not DM them all in (2)

Nope I was referring to 'Soundcloud Promotion Guide'. I don't know where I found it, but there was offer in the end (to buy SCM - thats how I found it and why I bought it)

Look, you can DM people in 2 cases:
1) they follow you,
2) they turned 'on' the option on their profile to let people DM them even if they don't follow them

So, in the beginning I follow all the URLs from my .txt file. Then, around 20% people follow me back - I can DM them, and I do that.
Some of people who didn't follow me back also can be DM'ed by me, because they turned on the option letting strangers DM'ing them.

But after all there are people left, who:
1) didn't follow me back,
2) don't have that option to recieve DMs from stranegrs, turned 'on'

So I can't DM them. BUT I can make direct tweet to all people on Twitter, so I can to those who left on my list.
And I want to somehow exclude those, who I can't DM, so I could directly tweet ONLY to them; without direct-tweeting those, who I DM'ed before.
I hope I explained that well haha, I tried.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok I understand. I wasn't aware that SC didn't allow DMs unless they followed you or turned it on to allow it

1) So you want to take a list of people that you followed
2) Remove from that list the people you could dm
3) from those remaining, you wan to scrape their soundcloud links and see if they have a twitter link

4)then send a direct tweet to those users.

There is not way to do it nicely. The best I can think of is

1) you have the original list of people to follow
2) you right click the account you used to send the DMs and export the already processed items for X days (where x is when you followed the users)

Using a list maniapulation program ( https://rootjazz.com/listjazz ) or whatever, remove all people from the DM list from the follow list

then run the scrape on the remaining to get twitter URLs
then tweet then in twitterdub
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

Ah no bro I was talking about TwitterDub and DMing on twitter, not on scm. I mentioned that I dont want to create new post to not spam but anyways its my bad writing in wrong thread..
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok that explains the confusing. In future, if can start the thread in the most appropriate forum, don't worry about spamming the board with valid questions, that is what it is here for
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

so you confirm

1) you have a list of users to follow ON TWITTER
2) you will try and DM the same list ON TWITTER
3) any users you couldn't DM, you then want to tweet.

well, the method I posted above should still work, with right clicking the account on the DM tab and selecting EXPORT ALREADY PROCESSED LOGS and a date to get the values from
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote:so you confirm

1) you have a list of users to follow ON TWITTER
2) you will try and DM the same list ON TWITTER
3) any users you couldn't DM, you then want to tweet.

well, the method I posted above should still work, with right clicking the account on the DM tab and selecting EXPORT ALREADY PROCESSED LOGS and a date to get the values from
Yes bro, works brillantly! thank you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

thanks for confirming :)