Scrape track details

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
miguel_k

Scrape track details

Post by miguel_k »

I've attempted to scrape track details several ways and none of them seem to work. The most promising way is the new scrape track details tool. I ran the process and when it completed I was given two different files and neither had track details including the trackdetails_track_urls file. Is there a fix coming for this?

P.S.I used track urls and checked the urls and they all had tracks on those urls.

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Scrape track details

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I've attempted to scrape track details several ways and none of them seem to work
What ways? IIRC there is only one way!
. I ran the process and when it completed I was given two different files and neither had track details including the trackdetails_track_urls file
What two files did you have after?
What file did you feed into the track details scraper?
Do you have the logs of the action?
miguel_k

Post by miguel_k »

What two files you have after?

A: Randomtrackurls i Had this file created twice during the process by the bot..i opened them and it basically just regurgitated all the track urls that i fed the bot. And also got trackdetails_track_urls file which has nothing in it but headings (Track Url,Title description,genre,etc)

What file did you feed into the track details scraper?

A: I fed it a list of track urls not profile urls. I verified the track urls and the all are valid links to the artists's track page

Do you have the logs of the action?

A: Most likely. I don't delete anything
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

can you send me the logs and the file you used to scrape details from :)

Sorry I should have been clearer in my previous mail