Private proxy blocked by SoundCloud

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
babe

Private proxy blocked by SoundCloud

Post by babe »

A new private proxy I bought got a 500 error on SoundCloud while all other websites are fine, pretty obvious a ban right?

All my accounts used on that proxy are all fine, I changed a proxy and all comment and message properly, also logged in by hand to check, all good.

Does this mean the fault is the proxy provider's? You know it is almost $3/month, we shouldn't expect such bad quality right?

Any thoughts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Private proxy blocked by SoundCloud

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Test the proxy in your browser manually, does it work or also fail?

It could be
a) the proxy is not working.
b) soundcloud have blocked it

As to should it happen with a $3 proxy, no probably not, but it does. Just contact the provider they should replace it
babe

Post by babe »

I have tested it in the browser manually, every websites work except SoundCloud (500 error). I think SoundCloud blocked it even before I got it. It is dangerous, this might get my accounts banned right? Luckily they are ok.

I have canceled my order. I'm using semi-dedicated proxy from another provider, their semi works better than private of this previous one. Jeez, this really is a grey market.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

IPs are not infinite, only a finite number of IPv4 IPs exist. So you are not getting a perfectly clean IP, they will have been used before. You can limit this by paying more, but still, I had some $3+ proxies that were blocked / on a spam list.

Just part of the game