VPN Questions

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
james11

VPN Questions

Post by james11 »

I use 10 paid private proxies for running actions within SCM.. but sometimes I login to the accounts manually to administer more realistic activity. For this, it is easier to use my VPN, and just click 'change IP' every time I login with a different account. What are your thoughts on this?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: VPN Questions

Post by martin@rootjazz »

why not just open the accounts manually with the browser? SCM can open a proxified browser for you
james11

Post by james11 »

Your saying I can use SCM to open soundcloud through proxied browser? I was not aware of this..

Where is the option to login to an account using the browser?
james11

Post by james11 »

Ok.. I found the browser login in the 'view accounts' tab.. but it still asks me to enter the proxy manually before continuing, which ends up being a little tedious.. It is much faster for me to just click 'change IP' on my VPN.. but I am just wondering if there is any reason why this might not be a good idea...

If SCM could automatically open a proxified browser.. than yes that would definitely be ideal. Is that, or will that eventually become a possibility?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

the browser can not be set with a username / password proxy automatically. An IP auth proxy is fine

As to opening accounts with a VPN, might be ok, might not. Depends if you accidentally open multiple accounts on the same IP, or you just happen to get a random vpn IP of someone who was spamming soundcloud
james11

Post by james11 »

good to know.. my proxy's are username / password.. would have been nice to just open them automatically in the browser, but i guess ill just keep changing IP's on my VPN for now.. thx for the info though!

is there any chance any future updates might be able to automatically open 'username / password' proxified browsers?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Not possible it is a limit of the browser not a decisions I have made.
dubz

Post by dubz »

I recommend staying away from public / shared proxies for best speeds and less errors.