Some questions, New member...

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
Trygve Larsen

Some questions, New member...

Post by Trygve Larsen »

1. I went to Godaddy to register a domain and so far so good.. Before I continue and pay for it, I just want to make sure if this is the best way to do it?
Can I create as many email address as I like there for use the catchall function to create SC accounts??
In theory. As you can create <anything>@youdomain.com and have them redirect to a single email account for extracting, you can in theory use this to create unlimited accounts.

I say in theory, as Soundcloud can also detect, "hmm this domain has never created an account before and in one day tried to sign up 1000 accounts, lets block him"

2. When I scramble my account in SC the program will "only" show the 200 last of my more then 400 tracks there, so how do I best work with the rest?
What do you mean "scramble" your account? I don't understand what you are referring to. But if you have 400 tracks in SC publicly visible, the program should scrape all 400, not 200. But please confirm what you mean

3. When it comes to proxy's, is there any difference on the private we can buy and the one we can scramble from the net? When I import from the proxysuccess file, I get 3000 proxy's, so is this good enough ?
yes, a lot. Think of proxies like fuel for your race car. If you buy premium rocket fuel (private proxies) your car will fly along, if you try and suck up split cooking oil and put it in your car, it might crawl along and eventual complete a lap, but it isn't going to be pretty.

With public proxies, they are free and open to all to use and abuse. You can find them, so can soundcloud. Many don't work, will be blacklisted, will time out etc. You might find some that work today, but not tomorrow. Relying on public proxies isn't a good plan really any more, in 2012/2013 was fine, but in 2016 not so much
4. When I download tracks, in what folder will those tracks go?
you don't, they are just "downloaded" to boost counters, not actually downloaded to your machine