Scraper Proxies Vs Proxy Settings

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
JazzyFresh

Scraper Proxies Vs Proxy Settings

Post by JazzyFresh »

Hello,

I noticed that the Soundcloud Manager's Scraper has its own Proxy list that is separate from the proxies list in settings. Can someone please explain what the difference is, and how to use the Scraper's Proxy list when scraping? I've added proxies to the Scrapper List but the Processor's log says that there is no proxy being used when I scrape accounts.

Please help,
Jazz
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Scraper Proxies Vs Proxy Settings

Post by martin@rootjazz »

JazzyFresh wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:52 am Hello,

I noticed that the Soundcloud Manager's Scraper has its own Proxy list that is separate from the proxies list in settings.
errr I don't remember. I think custom scrape list should be used AS well, I will need to check. Been a while since I looked at it
Can someone please explain what the difference is, and how to use the Scraper's Proxy list when scraping? I've added proxies to the Scrapper List but the Processor's log says that there is no proxy being used when I scrape accounts.
what do you mean you "added proxies to scraper list". You mean you added proxy site URLs? But if no proxies found, then the page source did not contain proxies, maybe the site hides them in code so they cannot be extracted with regex
JazzyFresh

Post by JazzyFresh »

Hey I'm talking about the scrapper function's proxy list

on the scraper function/module there is an option to add "proxies used for scraping" which is different than the Proxy Scrape URLs in the Settings. I have added proxies to both list, however the when i click on a process in the log keeps saying that its not using any proxies.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

JazzyFresh wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:38 pm Hey I'm talking about the scrapper function's proxy list

on the scraper function/module there is an option to add "proxies used for scraping"
These proxies are used for the SCRAPING actions you create from the SCRAPE TAB
which is different than the Proxy Scrape URLs in the Settings.
these are the sites the program will look for public proxies when you run a PROXY SCRAPE (from the PLAYS tab for example)
I have added proxies to both list,
Don't add PROXIES to the "proxy scrape URLs" that should only be URLs that you want to look for proxies

As for PROXIES USED FOR SCRAPING, should work, let me test
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

As for PROXIES USED FOR SCRAPING, should work, let me test
Working here.
SCRAPER TAB
click PROXIES
Enter proxies
Run a SCRAPE FOLLOWERS OF action
Uses proxy

Please provide screenshots and exact instructions on how to do the above so it does NOT use the proxies

Regards,
Martin