Account disappeared / Add new account / Restore from backup

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
Buff_J

Account disappeared / Add new account / Restore from backup

Post by Buff_J »

Hi Martin

I have had SCM running some main accounts for a long time, without any issues. Occasionally adding an extra as needed. none of them perform anything other than adding and watching for followers. For a little while now I've been holding out on adding accounts until the automated verification is up and running again (I can't figure out the steps in your description/they are not working for me). This is all good as I was in no immediate rush to add more accounts... Until today when I realized that may my account had gone missing from my accounts tab.
It has now become a wry urgent matter to me. Now I don't mind getting things set up manually. But I need more precise instructions. More specifically I can't seem to find the "VALIDATE:LOGIN" that I am supposed to click on. Plus I'm not sure what exactly I should send you in the next step (Or if I should just "submit logs to support")
I have All my accounts working in my browser. I just can't seem to figure out where to find the cookies to import. A little guidance would be well appreciated. ;)
I would like to know this for future accounts, but for now, an alternative might be if you could guide me to How I can locate the correct user account and restore it from backup? Please be very specific on all the steps, as none of this I logical to me. :)

-J
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Account disappeared / Add new account / Restore from backup

Post by martin@rootjazz »

For the missing account. Send me your database.

Please goto:
Press "windows" (start) button on keyboard and hold it down then press r.

In the run box paste:
%appdata%\rootjazz\soundcloud manager\database

In the folder that opens,
select folder dbaccount

then select SEND TO > COMPRESSED (ZIP)
Then send me the created zip file. Email if the file is less than 8mb, otherwise upload somewhere and email me the link

next goto
%appdata%\rootjazz\soundcloud manager\backups

order files by date,
send
most recent
XXXX_backup_acounts.zip

a XXXX_backup_acounts.zip from a week ago
a XXXX_backup_acounts.zip from a month ago

Email the files to

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com

and let me know the name of the missing account

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

VALIDATE ACCOUNT can be found on the ACCOUNTS tab (where you can update the accounts)

If you cannot find it, what ACCOUNTS VIEW MODE are you in ? menu tab will have the option.

I'll get you a screenshot when home, as am out at the moment and don't have the app with me.

For generating cookies for accounts to use in app.

Add the account,
check to NOT VALIDATE details on save
goto ACCOUNTS TAB
Click link GENERATE BROWSER COOKIES (something like this) and follow instructions.

Again if cannot, let me know and I get screenshots ready for you when I get back to the office

Regards,
Martin
Buff_J

Post by Buff_J »

Hi Martin

I managed to re-add the missing account, and get it verified. after finding the correct ACCOUNTS TAB (I was confused by the being two different accounts tabs). But I'm up and running again, and that's what matters. Thanks! :)

I have e-mailed you my DB, and account backups. if you want to investigate what happened to the account in the first place.
I'm suspecting there is a bug revolving around the deletion of processes too. The symptom is a pop-up asking if I am sure I want to delete the item, out of nowhere, or waiting for me when returning to my computer after having been away. It's not a big deal, since I can just answer no to this, just thought you might like to know.

-J
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Buff_J wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:58 am Hi Martin

I managed to re-add the missing account, and get it verified. after finding the correct ACCOUNTS TAB (I was confused by the being two different accounts tabs). But I'm up and running again, and that's what matters. Thanks! :)
WARNING re-adding the account adds the account as a NEW UNIQUE database record, it will NOT know about previously processed items.

IF you have TWO accounts tabs, you are on GLOBAL ACCOUNT TAB view mode, if you use the menu option to select ACCOUNT CONTROL PER TAB (or something like that) you will have one accounts tab.
I have e-mailed you my DB, and account backups. if you want to investigate what happened to the account in the first place.
I'm suspecting there is a bug revolving around the deletion of processes too. The symptom is a pop-up asking if I am sure I want to delete the item, out of nowhere, or waiting for me when returning to my computer after having been away. It's not a big deal, since I can just answer no to this, just thought you might like to know.
The confirmation of DO YOU WANT TO DELETE process, can ONLY happen after the OS fires a DELETE_KEY_PRESS event.

But I'll check the email and go through and get back to you

Regards,
Martin
ilyushachishe

Post by ilyushachishe »

Can i sent my database if I have same issue? I want to restore my disappeared account (but i am don't have a account backup) Does it possible?
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:43 pm For the missing account. Send me your database.

Please goto:
Press "windows" (start) button on keyboard and hold it down then press r.

In the run box paste:
%appdata%\rootjazz\soundcloud manager\database

In the folder that opens,
select folder dbaccount

then select SEND TO > COMPRESSED (ZIP)
Then send me the created zip file. Email if the file is less than 8mb, otherwise upload somewhere and email me the link

next goto
%appdata%\rootjazz\soundcloud manager\backups

order files by date,
send
most recent
XXXX_backup_acounts.zip

a XXXX_backup_acounts.zip from a week ago
a XXXX_backup_acounts.zip from a month ago

Email the files to

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com

and let me know the name of the missing account

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ilyushachishe wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:25 pm Can i sent my database if I have same issue? I want to restore my disappeared account (but i am don't have a account backup) Does it possible?
Yes send it over. Everything I said above to send, send it :-)