Many people will hate me for that post

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
peter22

Many people will hate me for that post

Post by peter22 »

Hello Soundcloud Manager User!

Iam using this Manager for about 4-5 Years now. And Martin was every time full engaged in this Project. We get always updates when something was broken. Now my Idea was to get a better Support from Martin with a monthly subscription, for example 19,99$ a month or 29$. Its just a example price. But with that kind of Money, Martin could hire people or get some freelancers that could help him with updates and fixes. We have now a major Problem with the Comments, and so far as i know Martin still dont have a solution. So guys what you think about that Idea? Martin what you think about that Idea? :D
sumonrheza

Re: Many people will hate me for that post

Post by sumonrheza »

peter22 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:31 pm Hello Soundcloud Manager User!

Iam using this Manager for about 4-5 Years now. And Martin was every time full engaged in this Project. We get always updates when something was broken. Now my Idea was to get a better Support from Martin with a monthly subscription, for example 19,99$ a month or 29$. Its just a example price. But with that kind of Money, Martin could hire people or get some freelancers that could help him with updates and fixes. We have now a major Problem with the Comments, and so far as i know Martin still dont have a solution. So guys what you think about that Idea? Martin what you think about that Idea? :D
I also think about this. It's a great idea for updates and fixes. How about martin?
petruspanus

Post by petruspanus »

same here, I would pay a monthly fee for this.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The issue here is, the program has been sold as one time fee. Some people have suggested similar over the years, but the numbers are few.

Also, the amount of people with bot writing skills who want a job for someone are small as they tend to write their own programs, so would be someone who needs to be trained in this area. Which would have a negative effect as it means I have less time on the complicated issues.

I wish it was as simple as hiring someone for $2k a month who could then fix all the issues I struggle with, but end of the day, I've been doing this for (rootjazz) for 9 years and years before that with personal automation / bot projects. If I am struggling with an issue, some junior dev I am teaching is never going to do it. One option is to pay top dollar for a top dev. But there is not just enough people willing to pay monthly for that

A possibility is to get someone to do the little jobs / support giving me more times. But again, getting some for the little jobs when they don't know how things work will introduce more bugs than I do and I introduce enough with "fixes" lol. And support, I tried that before, but then people just moan that the new guy doesn't know the software as well and in lots of cases, the customer knows more than the support guy, or the support guy gives the wrong answer and customers just want to speak to me and posts are mostly "can I just speak to martin" or "can you push this issue to martin". So is kind of catch22.

And it doesn't actually free me up as I need to now manage people and check the answers they are giving and make sure they somewhat correct and helping to train them and making sure they are not pissing about all, so it's back to square one.

Maybe if stuck it out with a support work or junior dev for a year, then after that things would be ok, assuming they stick around and don't steal the source code and set up themselves as a bot seller :-)
dbs00

Post by dbs00 »

drop this version

start a new version with monthly only, so you can score some $ monthy and make it worth it for you to keep up with updates.
that's what's happening with all the good bots out there

a cheap one time payment isn't enough to keep the software afloat.
peter22

Post by peter22 »

dbs00 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:13 am drop this version

start a new version with monthly only, so you can score some $ monthy and make it worth it for you to keep up with updates.

exactly
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

dbs00 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:13 am drop this version

Well that could be an option. Still, is going to piss a lot of people off. I'll need to fix the damn thing first though :)

has worked fine the last 9 years though. I doubt there is much difference in it though, depending on the average length of time someone uses the program. $10 a month would mean they need to subscribe for 10 months to get the same as a one time fee and lots don't.
therealxyeen

Post by therealxyeen »

I cant afford a monthly subscription atm i fully disagree with this tbh.
Just A User

Post by Just A User »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:43 pm
I'll need to fix the damn thing first though :)
That's what we all want to hear. Even if you shouldn't introduce a monthly subscription (I would also pay a monthly fee for it)
I will always continue to support you with single payments, especially for your service and your willingness to help.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

login and commenting fixed

https://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html

Signup still broken, hoping to have that sorted today

Regards,
Martin