Queue image - not all pictures uploaded

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
SGK

Queue image - not all pictures uploaded

Post by SGK »

Hi,

I uploaded 40 pictures to one account with the option for "Queue images" checked. Now I checked this morning again, it said "Completed" in the processor. Logged into the Tumblr account and only 20 pictures have been uploaded. Maybe there was some error with the internet connection during the upload or I set up the bot too aggressively, but I don't like that it says "completed" when in fact it's not completed. I'd prefer if the bot tries to upload until it works or if that isn't possible then I want at least get a message that there has been a problem with the upload.

I also saw that the bot uploaded randomly (the pictures have numbers from 1 to 40 and the bot started with 16). What if we have the pictures in a specific order and want them to be posted to Tumblr in this order?

Best regards,
SGK
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Queue image - not all pictures uploaded

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I uploaded 40 pictures to one account with the option for "Queue images" checked. Now I checked this morning again, it said "Completed" in the processor. Logged into the Tumblr account and only 20 pictures have been uploaded. Maybe there was some error with the internet connection during the upload or I set up the bot too aggressively, but I don't like that it says "completed" when in fact it's not completed.
Completed means the action has completed, not every single item uploaded successfully. Check the processing logs for more information. Without those, I cannot give you more information

I'd prefer if the bot tries to upload until it works or if that isn't possible then
That isn't how it works. The bot goes through items, once it has attempted all, it is complete.

Numerous reasons why, but I think this is best. If tumblr changed something causing uploads to fail. Your way, the bot would just hammer tumblr until it is stopped. The current way, it will attempt an upload, if it fails, it will try a few times. After those if all failed, it moves on to the next item

I want at least get a message that there has been a problem with the upload.
Look in the processing logs
I also saw that the bot uploaded randomly (the pictures have numbers from 1 to 40 and the bot started with 16). What if we have the pictures in a specific order and want them to be posted to Tumblr in this order?
I cannot win. You want them in order, others want them randomised. :-s

As it is, the bot uploads the images as specific in a random order, not alphabetical

Option to upload in alphabetical order, added to feature suggestions list