Two step verification problem

Cheerboatfun

Two step verification problem

Post by Cheerboatfun » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:25 pm

HI MArtin. for context I asked the question in the like/follow block thread.
Cheerboatfun wrote: ↑Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:13 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: ↑Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:59 pm
Cheerboatfun wrote: ↑Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am

Yes static from home. That's where my PC is. I don't know how to change it in instadub :oops: Can you explain the process?
Depends on your modem / router / ISP. If they have provided a static IP to your house, that is never going to be able to change. It is what it is.

However, usually, if you turn the modem / router / wifi off at the wall for 30 seconds. Then turn it on, you will get a new IP.

However, if you are using a real account from your home IP the block shouldn't be applied and not for 5 days.

Do you normally use the account on your phone? If not, load it into your phone and use it manually for a day or two.
Try resetting the device parameters (ACCOUNTS DETAILS form > MOBILE SETTINGS > RESET UA / REGENERATE one of those links - click them both.
then right click account in accounts list and select DELETE COOKIES.

goto ACCOUNTS tab
check DO NOT USE COOKIES (top left) (just to be sure)
click link VERIFY: LOGIN

Now run some searches / download inbox. DO NOT RUN ACTIONS. Just run some scrapes

Then try a simple 1-2 item follow action, like action etc

Do you still get a block?
Ok I will try that and let you know. thanks

EDIT: BTW I should have mentionned but my WatchStory actions are working fine with no blocks. It seems IG is definitely checking for follow and like actions
Hi Martin, I'm stuck on the Verify:login because it sends a code to my phone (I have two factor verification activated) and I don't know where to put it in instadub. I tried putting it in Local Submit SMS code but it fails
So I did everything above but since I have two step verification activated I receive the SMS on my phone during the verify:login but don't know where to put it. I tried the Local SMS submit but that failed.

derejrcar

Re: Two step verification problem

Post by derejrcar » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Cheerboatfun wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:25 pm
HI MArtin. for context I asked the question in the like/follow block thread.
Cheerboatfun wrote: ↑Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:13 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: ↑Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:59 pm
Cheerboatfun wrote: ↑Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am

Yes static from home. That's where my PC is. I don't know how to change it in instadub :oops: Can you explain the process?
Depends on your modem / router / ISP. If they have provided a static IP to your house, that is never going to be able to change. It is what it is.

However, usually, if you turn the modem / router / wifi off at the wall for 30 seconds. Then turn it on, you will get a new IP.

However, if you are using a real account from your home IP the block shouldn't be applied and not for 5 days.

Do you normally use the account on your phone? If not, load it into your phone and use it manually for a day or two.
Try resetting the device parameters (ACCOUNTS DETAILS form > MOBILE SETTINGS > RESET UA / REGENERATE one of those links - click them both.
then right click account in accounts list and select DELETE COOKIES.

goto ACCOUNTS tab
check DO NOT USE COOKIES (top left) (just to be sure)
click link VERIFY: LOGIN

Now run some searches / download inbox. DO NOT RUN ACTIONS. Just run some scrapes

Then try a simple 1-2 item follow action, like action etc

Do you still get a block?
Ok I will try that and let you know. thanks

EDIT: BTW I should have mentionned but my WatchStory actions are working fine with no blocks. It seems IG is definitely checking for follow and like actions
Hi Martin, I'm stuck on the Verify:login because it sends a code to my phone (I have two factor verification activated) and I don't know where to put it in instadub. I tried putting it in Local Submit SMS code but it fails
So I did everything above but since I have two step verification activated I receive the SMS on my phone during the verify:login but don't know where to put it. I tried the Local SMS submit but that failed.

I'm having the same issue. I dont think any of the built in functions such as Local SMS submit work.

The way to do it is to use the "Open Acc in browser" functionality and then manually login and enter the verification code.

However that is not functioning for me currently, the browser will not open. It used to work just fine.

derejrcar

Post by derejrcar » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:16 pm

You need to update chromedriver and do what i suggested above

its easy see this topic viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8193

derejrcar

Post by derejrcar » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Actually even after manually logging in I am still getting the verification problem

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Why are you using the two step verification in a bot account?

Better to turn off that option. It's extra security but for accounts using mobile. Its not good for bot since you may get other re login and verification issues.

Cheerboatfun

Post by Cheerboatfun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:06 pm

ajaa wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Better to turn off that option. It's extra security but for accounts using mobile. Its not good for bot since you may get other re login and verification issues.
It's my main account, not just bot account. I only have this one. To be honest it's actually annoying even through mobile.

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Cheerboatfun wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:06 pm
ajaa wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:01 pm

It's my main account, not just bot account. I only have this one. To be honest it's actually annoying even through mobile.
Ok. I think Martin may look and help you in this but still the turn off will save your time, but at cost of less security.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm

If you mean 2FA (two factor authentication), you have to turn it off.

Although I am not sure if you are referring to that or challenge SMS codes. If you mean a phone code you get on a normal login, then this is 2FA and must be turned off. Otherwise, challenge SMS codes (that only happen if IG shows you a challenge verification screen due to a new IP / new device / suspicious login, that those can be submitted via the LOCAL SMS CODE SUBMIT link on ACCOUNTS tab

Cheerboatfun

Post by Cheerboatfun » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:20 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Although I am not sure if you are referring to that or challenge SMS codes. If you mean a phone code you get on a normal login, then this is 2FA and must be turned off. Otherwise, challenge SMS codes (that only happen if IG shows you a challenge verification screen due to a new IP / new device / suspicious login, that those can be submitted via the LOCAL SMS CODE SUBMIT link on ACCOUNTS tab
Ok I will turn it off!

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:05 am

Cheerboatfun wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:20 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Ok I will turn it off!
Good for you :D