action block

biagle

action block

Post by biagle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:05 am

hey, maybe someone want to help me to investigate this shit
so i had alot of acc on action (follow) block
on some accountsi clicked update device (include phone and device id); reset user agents; deleted cookies; remove local block; hit verify (without cookies)
some of the accounts started to work but some got hit with PV which when logged in asks to do pv with old number which i dont have, so this accounts are gone:)

any ideas which of my actions helped? how to avoid pv with old number?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: action block

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm

seems that people all over and reporting follow blocks (all bots) from reading around.

Seems that ISG have become more aggressive. As to what is the cause, no one knows (as usual).

To avoid PV phone verify, DO NOT change device / ip etc. As that can cause the PV if your account is flagged with ISG (which is probably is hence the block to start with).

As to what to do:

Usual:

waiting it out
use the account on your phone / website as a normal user for a few days and see if you can up the quality score
remove the old phone number, add one you do have access to
etc

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:53 am

Hello,

Im facing this issue since few weeks. I thought it's an update from ISG but I think there is unknown problem when using instadub.

Using an Android emulator, and installing Instagram App yield to follow with no blocks. While using same account instadub yields action block. Moving again to emulator, and performing several follow, no block. Moving to instadub and just performing few follows get block.

Very strange finding. Any one welcome to test this. I have done it using few new accounts, that has action block.

Regards

biagle

Post by biagle » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:11 am

ajaa wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:53 am
Hello,

Im facing this issue since few weeks. I thought it's an update from ISG but I think there is unknown problem when using instadub.

Using an Android emulator, and installing Instagram App yield to follow with no blocks. While using same account instadub yields action block. Moving again to emulator, and performing several follow, no block. Moving to instadub and just performing few follows get block.

Very strange finding. Any one welcome to test this. I have done it using few new accounts, that has action block.

Regards
Any ideas Martin?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 pm

biagle wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:11 am
ajaa wrote:
Hello,

Regards
Any ideas Martin?
I just instructed 2 accounts to follow 100 profiles with no pause. All went through fine.

Whatever it is, it is not a pure instadub follow = ban / block.

That isn't to say it isn't marked against the account, with enough marks (proxy / low quality signup / other metrics) it means a block, but that is unknowable.

I am not hearing about many blocks from actual / personal / business / real accounts. Only bulk accounts, which must be playing a role, whether combined or not, impossible to say. The follow action is being made exactly as the phone makes, so ISG is probbaly doing something else detection wise at this time

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:19 am

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 pm
biagle wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:11 am
ajaa wrote:
Hello,

Regards
Any ideas Martin?
I just instructed 2 accounts to follow 100 profiles with no pause. All went through fine.

Whatever it is, it is not a pure instadub follow = ban / block.

That isn't to say it isn't marked against the account, with enough marks (proxy / low quality signup / other metrics) it means a block, but that is unknowable.

I am not hearing about many blocks from actual / personal / business / real accounts. Only bulk accounts, which must be playing a role, whether combined or not, impossible to say. The follow action is being made exactly as the phone makes, so ISG is probbaly doing something else detection wise at this time
Looks like that. Actually, this happened after a global shutdown for few hours and an update. Which I still think it is the cause. But with that update, most likely there is some kind of new detection that may discover the software more fast, which explain normal App doesn't get same block. This observation, affects mostly new accounts. We can't exclude as well, other parameters, like account info, proxy, etc.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Regardless of what anyone tells you, it is basically impossible to 100% automate human behaviour.

IG can see what billions of people can do. Each event they do on the phone.

open this page
scroll here
swipe here
click here
go here
etc etc

They can model this using AI to within (n) standard deviations and assume what is 90% human behaviour. Anything outside of that, gets a flag. Get enough flags and ...

Or maybe they set a little encrypted request that doesn't seem to do anything, so bots don't bother with it so it doesn't seem to do anything, perhaps it is made to a 3rd party site, made to look like an ad site, if that is not made, another little mark on the account.

This goes along with the theory, they do not mind automation per se, if you are running an IG account for your real life beauty salon business and posting images with bots every few hours, they don't care. Run SEO / aff / spam accounts with new accounts / proxies etc, those are the accounts they have problems with, and those are the accounts that get bans. Those bans are just part and parcel of running bots for profit

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:19 pm

100% Agree.

I think each time, ISG has different goals. In the beginning, the goal was to get popular, at that time allowing everything. No phone verifications, no email verifications, no IP block or ban. But once became popular, all these restrictions came to help achieving the ultimate goal, which is gaining profits. Bots considered an enemy when it comes to bulk, mass like, follow, etc. It's not really protecting their community from spam, it's just allowing spam only from ISG Ads/Promotions. I started to hate the timeline due to huge amount of ISG Ads, which is actually I consider spam.

biagle

Post by biagle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:47 pm

ajaa wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:19 pm
which is actually I consider spam.

give isg ads action block