Follow action only processing (10/250)?

NewUserNewb2

Follow action only processing (10/250)?

Post by NewUserNewb2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:43 am

So, I'm kind of new with this so I'm looking to understand more than help, so I can figure it out for myself next time.

Let me set the situation first; I have tried to make a Follow custom search using "A user URL or ID", "Latest post of" and "Notes (likers&commenters)". At user filters I set a min max to followers and followings of 100/1000 both, a minimum of 25 images on their profile (last one less than 4 days ago) and only one ignore word (meme). However, when I run this action, I eventually only follow 10 people of of the 250 max items limit I have set.

So this could mean 2 things, and I guess it's this: the max items (250) is the maximum number of accounts it will proces regardless of whether it will follow the account? So it will look at 250 accounts, check the filters, follow the ones that get through, and stop when it has checked 250 accounts?

Is there a way for instadub to stop once 250 accounts have been followed? Or is that why there are scrapers, and I should use another account to scrape the followers I want, and only follow them using my main real account?

Thanks in advance!

ajaa

Re: Follow action only processing (10/250)?

Post by ajaa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Very strange finding. What I believe is, if max items is 250, it means after all filter the results should be 250 to be processed. If 250 is the total before filter then it's useless since may get very less than it after using filters like your case. I think Martin has the exact explanation of this.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:24 pm

There are many reasons. Without seeing logs I cannot be sure.

A user URL or ID
Latest post of
Notes (likers&commenters)
Does the latest post have enough notes?

But it could be your search not finding another items during the previous steps. You can help this by setting what to return for each step

Not really applicable to your search, but you could help the program by:
A user URL or ID (1)
Latest post of (1)
Notes (likers&commenters) (1000)
where the number in (n) is what you specify to return for each state. The program, will try and work out the best numbers to get your (x) requested items with as few requests as possible, but doesn't always get it right. By up specifying the exact values for each step you override this, and probably you can do it better than the program, as each search may have it's own idiosyncrasies the program doesn't take into account

For exampe: notes
You cannot always be sure of how many notes you will get, some may be 0 some may be 1000. So if the program limits it to 10, you may come in udner due to some posts not haing any. Whereas if you specify 100, then the posts with notes will make up for those with none

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 pm

Martin,

You could test for example
follow
search for users
Search term : Martin
Max items : 1000

Pause :50:60 secs

You will see that it doesn't scrape all 1000 at beginning, so it only scrape available from ISG return pages.

So after like 60 mins, only 60 followed.

Then return 60/1000 .

PS. I set a country name instead of Martin for my testing since I thought it would givee me 1000 but it didn't :lol:

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:04 pm

USER SEARCH

has limited results, the search is not an infinite search. It is the same on the website.