React to @'s and location tags (posts/stories)

krypticlol

React to @'s and location tags (posts/stories)

Post by krypticlol » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:31 am

Hey all,

As I understand some of us are using ISG to manage client accounts and content curation is key to our business (and our clients).

Is there a way to download the following media to a desktop folder?:
- people who @you in stories
- people who location tag you in stories
- people who posted #yourhashtag
- people who location tag you in posts

Thanks a lot

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: React to @'s and location tags (posts/stories)

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:30 pm

No, not currently, but that is a good feature suggestion
- people who location tag you in stories
- people who location tag you in posts
When you say "location tag". What do you mean? Do you mean IMAGE TAG, where you click the image to see the image tags? Because I am not aware of what a "location tag" is. An image can be imaged tagged with users, a user can be @mentioned in the caption, and the image can be given a location. But a user cannot be given a location tag

Code: Select all

- people who posted #yourhashtag
You can do this via SCRAPER tab, run a search of the hashtag, it will save to the HELP > SAVED DATA folder however, and not a folder you specify, but you can move it manually to another folder should you wish :)

krypticlol

Post by krypticlol » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Ah, well although this is in the wrong thread then consider this my submission to your backlog Martin! Hopefully other users who manage clients chime in @ajaa on the practicality of such a feature.
When you say "location tag". What do you mean? Do you mean IMAGE TAG, where you click the image to see the image tags?
Yes, precisely. When you post an image you have the option to tag a location to this image. It would be cool to react to all location tags by downloading it to a specific folder, uniques only.

I will test out the hashtag method this week - thank you Martin!

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm

krypticlol wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:40 pm
Ah, well although this is in the wrong thread then consider this my submission to your backlog Martin! Hopefully other users who manage clients chime in @ajaa on the practicality of such a feature.
So this is only going to be applicable to :

Code: Select all

The activity / react module can get this info, but it does NOT save it to a file. Also, I am not sure if you can distinguish between the stories and images.

Wait a minute! Actually that is wrong. An @mention in a story, is sent to you as a DM notification, not an activity notification.

Can you confirm, whether you were wanting to save a list of who @mentioned you in images or stories or both?

When you say "location tag". What do you mean? Do you mean IMAGE TAG, where you click the image to see the image tags?
Yes, precisely. When you post an image you have the option to tag a location to this image. It would be cool to react to all location tags by downloading it to a specific folder, uniques only.

I will test out the hashtag method this week - thank you Martin!
So you just want to scrape users from a location feed? If so you can already.
Scrape tab:
scrape profiles
custom search> location explore

Again, it will save to your HELP > SAVED DIR, but that might be enough for you.

As for unique, when you run the action, select UNIQUE (default is on). As the search will NOT save unique results.

krypticlol

Post by krypticlol » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:53 am

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm
The activity / react module can get this info, but it does NOT save it to a file. Also, I am not sure if you can distinguish between the stories and images.

Wait a minute! Actually that is wrong. An @mention in a story, is sent to you as a DM notification, not an activity notification.

Can you confirm, whether you were wanting to save a list of who @mentioned you in images or stories or both?

So you just want to scrape users from a location feed? If so you can already.
Scrape tab:
Hey Martin,

Thanks for your reply! Two points here:
1. I want to save the media of when someone @ me in BOTH a post and story
2. I also want to save the media of when someone tags a location in BOTH post and story

Example: I am a local Irish pub and I have a geo location "Irish Pub NYC" on instagram and my IG handle is @irishpubnyc

Scenario 1: If customer posts story and uses geo location "Irish Pub NYC" I will react by downloading the media
Scenario 2: If customer posts image and uses geo location "Irish Pub NYC" I will react by downloading the media
Scenario 3: If customer posts story and tags me @irishpubnyc I will react by downloading the media
Scenario 4: If customer posts image and tags me in photo @irishpubnyc I will react by downloading the media

The benefit here is so that I can check this folder when I need to set up my automated posts for content generated by users.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:58 pm

krypticlol wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:53 am

Thanks for your reply! Two points here:
1. I want to save the media of when someone @ me in BOTH a post and story
Going to be tricky, as they are different endpoints. One comes as a DM, the other is in your activity feed.

I suppose the program could write to a daily log file when it finds @name in DMs and activity, but you would need to run the scrapes separately, but both could write to a file, which I guess works

2. I also want to save the media of when someone tags a location in BOTH post and story
hmmm stories are not returned in location feeds, I would need to check if there is a separate "stories" property, but that is not currently supported. So you can only save the media of a POST of a location

Example: I am a local Irish pub and I have a geo location "Irish Pub NYC" on instagram and my IG handle is @irishpubnyc
Scenario 1: If customer posts story and uses geo location "Irish Pub NYC" I will react by downloading the media
Scenario 2: If customer posts image and uses geo location "Irish Pub NYC" I will react by downloading the media
when you say DOWNLOAD THE MEDIA, do you mean, you want to download the image? Or the details? I thought you meant details, but I think I may have misunderstood
Scenario 3: If customer posts story and tags me @irishpubnyc I will react by downloading the media
Scenario 4: If customer posts image and tags me in photo @irishpubnyc I will react by downloading the media
again, what do you mean "download the media"

The benefit here is so that I can check this folder when I need to set up my automated posts for content generated by users.
ok so you do want the media image? Not the details?

If so, you can download the medias via the tab SCRAPE AND DOWNLOAD IMAGES.

This allows to you search and download images via your searches

hashtag
explore location
caption mentions with image tag
hashtag stories
location stories

This module lets you specify the output directory, so you can download images to a folder and if you want, set a WATCH FOLDER action to upload them automatically. Or just a normal folder if you wanted to review them first

I just checked the INBOX module, has an option to REPOST STORY MENTION, meaning you can automatically repost the story image you were @mentioned in, which although is not a download option, may be what you are after

So you can basically do everything if you want to download the media, without story mentions, not downloading the image but auto posting it.

Regards,
Martin

krypticlol

Post by krypticlol » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 am

Martin,

Thanks for your response. As a refresher there were two goals here: one was to download stories with location tag and second was download stories where someone @ my account

Location tag:
I have confirmed the scrape images tab can download the images posted via story by looking at location URLs (Thank you!)
What I have also confirmed is that while this is great, there could be 2 small enhancements to this:

1. username of poster to go along with the download (in the IG community, it is an unspoken law to tag the appropriate content poster to give proper and due credit)

2. there are some artifacts and logs that come along with each media download, please see below. This is expected behavior? If so can this be where the username information noted as part of my enhancement #1 can be put into? FYI- each media download had 2 text files, one was completely empty and one had some URL and ID information. After checking the URLs to see what they might be, they sent me to broken links on Instagram's website.
https://gyazo.com/2efe672f4c168513dc42ffb81cd5b9f0

@ my account:
1. I tried to use the inbox module to react to people who @ me in stories and was unsuccessful...

2. Additionally, I tried to set up a reaction in the react module to post a shoutout as a story and they all failed...

In both of the above tests for @ my account I used a dummy account (public account) to post a story with @myaccount and then ran the actions. I would check my account's stories and nothing was reposted.

That being said, with this method there is no way to view the content before selecting them for repost which is what I'd ultimately want to do, would this be a large build for you / your devs?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 pm

krypticlol wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 am
Martin,

Thanks for your response. As a refresher there were two goals here: one was to download stories with location tag and second was download stories where someone @ my account

Location tag:
I have confirmed the scrape images tab can download the images posted via story by looking at location URLs (Thank you!)
What I have also confirmed is that while this is great, there could be 2 small enhancements to this:

1. username of poster to go along with the download (in the IG community, it is an unspoken law to tag the appropriate content poster to give proper and due credit)
If you just want to repost, why not use the repost module, where you have access to these variables via tokens?

2. there are some artifacts and logs that come along with each media download, please see below. This is expected behavior? If so can this be where the username information noted as part of my enhancement #1 can be put into? FYI- each media download had 2 text files, one was completely empty and one had some URL and ID information. After checking the URLs to see what they might be, they sent me to broken links on Instagram's website.
https://gyazo.com/2efe672f4c168513dc42ffb81cd5b9f0
No idea, I'd have to check
@ my account:
1. I tried to use the inbox module to react to people who @ me in stories and was unsuccessful...
details please
Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

2. Additionally, I tried to set up a reaction in the react module to post a shoutout as a story and they all failed...
again I need to know, waht react, how setup, what you did, how you did it, what happened, what didn't, action logs, app logs etc etc
In both of the above tests for @ my account I used a dummy account (public account) to post a story with @myaccount and then ran the actions. I would check my account's stories and nothing was reposted.
As above, logs are needed. The inbox function should have caught this.

That being said, with this method there is no way to view the content before selecting them for repost which is what I'd ultimately want to do, would this be a large build for you / your devs?
let me check

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:33 pm

the details file should contain:

media_id, caption, mediaUrl, userId, userUrl

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:55 pm

the txt file with the same name as image is the caption

the _details file is as above

confirmed working.