How do I set it up?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Post Reply
Bartekef
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:24 pm

How do I set it up?

Post by Bartekef » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 pm

Hey so I want to like recent tweet of users I got in my txt file (profile urls)

In instadub I set it up like this:

custom search: A User URL or ID -> Latest post of

and it works now. But in Twitterdub, when I try to replicate the same, it creates new action for each profile url from my file (which is over 300) so its complicating a bit.

Is there any way to overcome this?
Thank you!

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I set it up?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 pm

in the search dropdown (NOT custom search) select FROM FILE (or maybe is called FILEPATH). Then specify your filepath of profile URLs / IDs.

The profile ID / URL is detected as not the correct format for like / retweet / whatever and the latest tweet will be scraped



Regards,
Martin

Bartekef
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: How do I set it up?

Post by Bartekef » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 am

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 pm
in the search dropdown (NOT custom search) select FROM FILE (or maybe is called FILEPATH). Then specify your filepath of profile URLs / IDs.

The profile ID / URL is detected as not the correct format for like / retweet / whatever and the latest tweet will be scraped



Regards,
Martin
Thank you
How to make sure it reposts only recent tweet?

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I set it up?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:29 pm

Bartekef wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 am
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 pm
in the search dropdown (NOT custom search) select FROM FILE (or maybe is called FILEPATH). Then specify your filepath of profile URLs / IDs.

The profile ID / URL is detected as not the correct format for like / retweet / whatever and the latest tweet will be scraped



Regards,
Martin
Thank you
How to make sure it reposts only recent tweet?

you mean latest or nothing? i.e. don't go back to find older tweets? If so, not supported currently.

Bartekef
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: How do I set it up?

Post by Bartekef » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:30 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:29 pm
Bartekef wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 am
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 pm
in the search dropdown (NOT custom search) select FROM FILE (or maybe is called FILEPATH). Then specify your filepath of profile URLs / IDs.

The profile ID / URL is detected as not the correct format for like / retweet / whatever and the latest tweet will be scraped



Regards,
Martin
Thank you
How to make sure it reposts only recent tweet?

you mean latest or nothing? i.e. don't go back to find older tweets? If so, not supported currently.
I mean always act on the most recent one

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I set it up?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 pm

as above, not supported.

Only "get most recent item NOT processed".

So if you have processed the most recent, it will step back to find an older not processed tweet.

TD doesn't have the instadub feature of URL / ID which would allow you to specify LATEST TWEET (which would NOT step back in time for an older one)

Post Reply