Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
jrichards
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by jrichards » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi Martin,

since the Tumblr killed NSFW on Dec. 17th, you can not delete your posts if your blog is marked as explicit. The reason is, that the archive page returns zero results. Do you think you can implement a small change and use posts page for scrapping? The URL of that page is: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/<blogname>

Or maybe this page is better:
https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/<blogname>

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 pm

jrichards wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:37 pm
Hi Martin,

since the Tumblr killed NSFW on Dec. 17th, you can not delete your posts if your blog is marked as explicit. The reason is, that the archive page returns zero results. Do you think you can implement a small change and use posts page for scrapping? The URL of that page is: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/<blogname>

Or maybe this page is better:
https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/<blogname>
isn't there an option on the SETTINGS tab to use RSS instead? It will only give you the 20 most recent and probably will cache a bit, but maybe will update after deleting the recent posts?

jrichards
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Re: Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by jrichards » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 pm

There is, but it's not working on NSFW accounts, same as Archive.

Deleting through Mass Editor is probably the safest and fastest way how to delete the posts, as you can select up to 100 posts and delete them in one round.

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:24 pm

jrichards wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 pm
There is, but it's not working on NSFW accounts, same as Archive.

Deleting through Mass Editor is probably the safest and fastest way how to delete the posts, as you can select up to 100 posts and delete them in one round.
ah ok. Will take a look.


jrichards
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Re: Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by jrichards » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Wow, that was a quick update, thank you :)

It's working now, however, I have noticed a small bug: the action now ignores the Max Search Result in the Scraping settings:

Image

Code: Select all

https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/*****?before_time=1544829310
14:51:13: Scraped URLs: 50
14:51:13: Scraped enough: 500/0 stopping...
14:51:13: Totals URLs: 500
14:51:13: Last timestamp: 1544770536
14:51:13: Get page: https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/*****?before_time=1544770536
14:51:14: Resp: 200
https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/*****?before_time=1544770536
14:51:14: Scraped URLs: 50
14:51:14: Scraped enough: 550/0 stopping...
14:51:14: Totals URLs: 550
14:51:14: Last timestamp: 1544759618
14:51:14: Get page: https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/*****?before_time=1544759618
14:51:15: Resp: 200

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 pm

jrichards wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:21 pm
Wow, that was a quick update, thank you :)

It's working now, however, I have noticed a small bug: the action now ignores the Max Search Result in the Scraping settings:

Image

Code: Select all

https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/*****?before_time=1544829310
14:51:13: Scraped URLs: 50
14:51:13: Scraped enough: 500/0 stopping...
14:51:13: Totals URLs: 500
14:51:13: Last timestamp: 1544770536
14:51:13: Get page: https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/*****?before_time=1544770536
14:51:14: Resp: 200
https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/*****?before_time=1544770536
14:51:14: Scraped URLs: 50
14:51:14: Scraped enough: 550/0 stopping...
14:51:14: Totals URLs: 550
14:51:14: Last timestamp: 1544759618
14:51:14: Get page: https://www.tumblr.com/mega-editor/*****?before_time=1544759618
14:51:15: Resp: 200


ah yes it will, I didn't add support for MAX SCRAPE RESULTS.

SCRAPE TAB
max results: (n)
custom search: my posts from megaeditor

this will save you a file of your posts
then DELETE FROM FILE

jrichards
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Re: Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by jrichards » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Could you please add support for it in the next update? Or is it too much work?

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 19753
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 pm

jrichards wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:27 pm
Could you please add support for it in the next update? Or is it too much work?
lol, sorry I forgot to say. It will be in the next update (change is already made, just need to build the installer)

lucas
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Delete posts not working after Dec. 17th

Post by lucas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:14 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 pm
lol, sorry I forgot to say. It will be in the next update (change is already made, just need to build the installer)
The Best Support Ever.

TJ is amazingly stable right now. Working like a charm :!: :mrgreen: :!:

Post Reply