Follow Process suggestion

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
superslikuzi

Follow Process suggestion

Post by superslikuzi »

Hi, I have an observation rather than a suggestion in this case.

So I have my accounts set to follow the followers of a specific user.
I share the follows all over accts as to not follow a user more than once.
I set the pause down between 1 and 4 to speed things up, since it runs through and loads each account one by one, but I was wondering if there was a way to make this whole process a little faster in terms of users that have been followed already.

I set the follow limit high to compensate all the accounts that I have, but I spend SO MUCH time running through accounts I have already followed (*IGNORE: DO not process as processed already).

I don't know how the follow module works on the back end. But my suggestion might be to save a small database/list of users processed, and crosscheck it when a new follow process is created. The users that have already been processed would not even be loaded in this case, and you can start from wherever you left off before.

So for example:

- USER1A has 10,000 followers that I would like potentially want to follow.
- I have 20 accounts set at 100 max follows daily

MONDAY
- I create a follow process: 2000 users (100 each); Filter: Active last 30 days; Repeat ever 24hrs
- A list is scraped/loaded of all USER1A's followers and process begins
- I follow 2000 accounts (100 on each acct) and the process stops
TUESDAY
- new list is scraped/loaded of all USER1A's followers
- users that have been followed are automatically disabled
- following process picks up where it left off

I know this is alot, and I do not expect it to be in the next update, but I feel as if it is something that could be useful and help save time. Hope I was clear enough, and I love the work you've been doing lately!

Cheers
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Follow Process suggestion

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Have improved the code so that accounts do not login before checking if the user has already be processed. That should speed up the process some what. So the already processed items will just whizz through.

Also improved the code for selecting accounts if a particular account does not load (perhaps due to a proxy) that item is not skipped but selects the next account in sequence.

Update will be out later today

Regards,
Martin
superslikuzi

Post by superslikuzi »

You are awesome! Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Forgot to build and update yesterday, sorry about that. Here it is

http://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html
superslikuzi

Post by superslikuzi »

Updated and tested it today. It seems to work alot better but for some reason after one acct reached its limit it stopped the following more users all together.

I have a list of about 20 accounts, all following the followers of another user but once one of my accounts reached the daily limit, every time it would try to process a new user it would fail because of that one account even though the others were nowhere near their limit. Any ideas? Maybe I am doing something wrong?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Let me check the code. Sounds like the daily limit is not being detected within the share routine and is dropping out altogether.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Maybe I am looking at the wrong code, but the daily limit being reached by one account should not drop the action out. Can you submit logs for me to check
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT
superslikuzi

Post by superslikuzi »

Alright I will submit them today
superslikuzi

Post by superslikuzi »

So with the follows, I've realized it is using only 1 account to follow, even though it is loading all the accounts. My ref ID for that log is 38732

------------------------------------------------------
I have also been having an issue with the unfollowing module.
I created a process for all my accounts (all which have been made in SCM) to unfollow based on x amount of days. When I read the process log, most of the accounts came up as "do not follow, not followed by bot" even though I had created them and followed all the users through SCM with them. I think maybe this has to do with the db saving on previous versions maybe? Anyway, I submitted a log for that as well. The ref ID is 83438
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Another user has reported the same issue with share to follows am investigating. The latest build
http://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html

includes more logging to try and find out why this is happening

As for the unfollowing, I will check your logs now