Tips on preventing your accounts being removed

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
TheBadGuy

Tips on preventing your accounts being removed

Post by TheBadGuy »

Hi,

The title says it all.
If you use the soundcloudmanager, you have to keep some things in mind to keep your accounts alive.

1) If you create accounts, make sure you've downloaded the free avatars pack on the site of rootjazz and use them with account creation.
A picture makes day/night difference.
A picture says more than 1000 words
And this is the same on soundcloud! :D
2) Take some time to create a descent spintax text for the description. It's an annoying task, I know, but this will make your accounts more reallistic.
keep following things in mind:
if you use something like:
{helló|hallo} {My name is| I am} producer
This will give conflicts in some cases. You have to put something between } and {
Also, dont use this
{hello | }
Don't know if this gives always problems, but sometimes it does. So dont put a space as spinword.
3) use after the account creation the track uploader. Not needed for all of your accounts, but 1/3th will make it look realistic.
Use copyright free tracks to prevent issues in the future.

If you got any tips, please share them! :)

Peace!
poopoobear

Re: Tips on preventing your accounts being removed

Post by poopoobear »

Thanks for the info.

What is the url for the avatar pack?

Also, I've read that you should keep follows above every 5 seconds--I noticed the default minimum is set to 1 second.

One thing I've noticed is there are a several various tutorial videos, however there isn't a "best practice" one that introduces users to where to start first...

For instance... from the info I've been scraping away at thus far here are steps which I think are crucial.

1. Update your proxy scrape list with the latest one:
- Tools --> Settings
- scroll down to "Scraping", and click the "Proxy Scrape URLs" button-- this will open listproxysites.txt
- copy list from http://soundcloudmanager.com/download/l ... ysites.txt
- paste the copied list into the txt file listproxysites.txt and save the txt file.
- and finally click "save" button (at the top or bottom) of the settings page.

2. Scrape proxies for either Plays (speaker icon), Favorites (heart icon), mass follows, mass comments, create accounts
(this part needs clarification, since I'm winging it and have barely tested anything yet other than proxy scraping)

- (I think) each section has it's own proxy settings.
- You should *select* from the dropdown what type of proxy you are looking for (there should be a note here, which type would work best for what section)
e.g. For "Mass Track Comments" you will want to select "Post or Anon" and "Post" or "Highly Anon and Post" from the proxy setup list on the right column, because you are going to need a proxy that will allow you to post the comments--as some proxies only allow you to receive data, and not send (post) it.

- Following after selecting the proxy type, you should click Scape Proxies--and wait for it to finish.
- Then click "Validate Proxies"--and wait for it to finish

NOTE: you can save the validated proxies, and then import them into other sections--so you don't have to re-scrape everything from scratch...

etc etc...

These are the initial steps I got thus far.... I think someone should follow up on the rest...
johnj

Post by johnj »

poopoobear wrote:Thanks for the info.

What is the url for the avatar pack?

Also, I've read that you should keep follows above every 5 seconds--I noticed the default minimum is set to 1 second.

One thing I've noticed is there are a several various tutorial videos, however there isn't a "best practice" one that introduces users to where to start first...

For instance... from the info I've been scraping away at thus far here are steps which I think are crucial.

1. Update your proxy scrape list with the latest one:
- Tools --> Settings
- scroll down to "Scraping", and click the "Proxy Scrape URLs" button-- this will open listproxysites.txt
- copy list from http://soundcloudmanager.com/download/l ... ysites.txt
- paste the copied list into the txt file listproxysites.txt and save the txt file.
- and finally click "save" button (at the top or bottom) of the settings page.

2. Scrape proxies for either Plays (speaker icon), Favorites (heart icon), mass follows, mass comments, create accounts
(this part needs clarification, since I'm winging it and have barely tested anything yet other than proxy scraping)

- (I think) each section has it's own proxy settings.
- You should *select* from the dropdown what type of proxy you are looking for (there should be a note here, which type would work best for what section)
e.g. For "Mass Track Comments" you will want to select "Post or Anon" and "Post" or "Highly Anon and Post" from the proxy setup list on the right column, because you are going to need a proxy that will allow you to post the comments--as some proxies only allow you to receive data, and not send (post) it.

- Following after selecting the proxy type, you should click Scape Proxies--and wait for it to finish.
- Then click "Validate Proxies"--and wait for it to finish

NOTE: you can save the validated proxies, and then import them into other sections--so you don't have to re-scrape everything from scratch...

etc etc...
These are the initial steps I got thus far.... I think someone should follow up on the rest...
Great post Poopoobear, and I agree, there needs to be a SM best practice video or step by step guide. I've meticulously watched the tutorial videos on Youtube probably hundreds of times and while they provide a great quick start to SM they don't say what works best as far as keeping our accounts from being banned.

IMO the avatars pack is a good start but the avatars SCREAM fake account. They're very generic.

I've been using the software for about 3 weeks straight, everyday, trying different things regarding account creation. Lots of my accounts are still being banned, but in the process I am accumulating a good collection of active looking accounts with followers, tracks comments and so on.

Here's what I've done/learned so far.

My goal is to have 3000 real looking (EDM) Raver girls profiles. Yes, all girls.

1) I created my own avatar folder from scraping Instagram pics by keyword and saving them all with the firefox plugin 'Downloadthemall'. I have 5000 raver girl avatars now. :D

2) I use this site http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/order.php to create a list of 5000 girls profiles info. (Username,first name ,last name) I actually take the time to customize the username so It somewhat matches the first and last name e.g. (trinatwerks420,Trina ,Robinson) < this is very time consuming but makes it look very realistic. I wish I could find a way to automate this task. :?

3) I started creating accounts with the built in Gmail feature. Everything was going good for a couple days then all my accounts were banned. Last week I switched to a catchall email address on my own server with a domain name that I specifically created for my Soundcloud promotion. I wanted a music related domain so the generated email address's had some reference to music. Trying to make it look as realistic as possible. e.g. blablabla25@musicrelatedwebsite.com

A problem I've ran into is when SM creates the emails on my musicrelatedwebsite.com catchall, it doesn't distinguish between male and female. So for example, say my soundcloud account username is Trina Twerks (trinatwerks420) but the registered email address for that account is ronsmith15@musicrelatedwebsite.com. Not very realistic looking to the people/algorithms behind the iron curtain at SC ;)

If there was a way to match the account username to the generated email address that would be MINT :shock: or if you could check a box in SM for male or female. :shock:

So for now that's my plan of attack.

I do have some questions regarding proxies though.

What are the best practices regarding proxies when creating accounts. I've been using (Highly Anon and Post) for my account creation.

For example: Lets say I scrape and validate 100 proxies and create 100 accounts with those proxies. Cool, now we have our accounts and we want to use them for mass commenting and favorites. Should I re-scrape and validate 100 new proxies for the tasks or should I just use the proxies that are already tied to the profiles in SM?

I also want to add that this is awesome software and the support has been outstanding so thank you for that. :D
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

A problem I've ran into is when SM creates the emails on my musicrelatedwebsite.com catchall, it doesn't distinguish between male and female. So for example, say my soundcloud account username is Trina Twerks (trinatwerks420) but the registered email address for that account is ronsmith15@musicrelatedwebsite.com. Not very realistic looking to the people/algorithms behind the iron curtain at SC ;)

If there was a way to match the account username to the generated email address that would be MINT :shock: or if you could check a box in SM for male or female. :shock:
Just wanted to throw in my support for this! This seems like a red flag, right?

Thanks! :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

snowleopard wrote:

Just wanted to throw in my support for this! This seems like a red flag, right?

Thanks! :)

Perhaps, but then you are using a catchall, which *COULD* be a red flag in itself.

SC can see, here is a domain name, that has never been used to sign up before, and not it has signed up 10,20,100+ times.

That is more of a give a way then SC parsing email addresses for names and deciding if the email is male or female then doing the same for the username

But will make a note about matching email names sex to username sex