sharing to groups

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
attix333

sharing to groups

Post by attix333 »

Hello,

Do I need to add the groups first to share on them or does this function just find them for you and share? Also, I had already joined some groups prior to getting SCM and some tracks were shared on them, should I then delete these shares or groups?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: sharing to groups

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You do not need to join any groups in order to share the tracks. The program will do everything it needs to do to share the track to the groups.

If you have already shared the track to some groups, it is totally up to you if you want to remove the track from those groups.

I was in discussion with another user recently on how SCM should handle this scenario.

There are two options here that I can see.

1) If a track is already shared, SCM should not do anything with those shares as they happened outside the program and they are not wanted to be processable by the program. This does mean, you need to manually remember that you have already done these shares and your total number of shares is thus reduced. This is how SCM is currently implemented

2) SCM should detect all current shares and sync the current shares to it's internal database. These track shares can then be unshared from their groups, thus freeing up thenumber of permitted shares.

There are pros and cons for both. I went with (1) during coding, as I thought it is better not to touch anything a user has done in the browser outside of SCM