Account creation - working?

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
MartinM

Account creation - working?

Post by MartinM »

Hi

Just curious (I just bought the software so still testing things out...) is the account creation system working at the moment? I have tried by using a gmail account and also by putting in my own hotmail accounts (manually tested - they work) but I can't get any Tumblr accounts created. Snippet of the log (the ### was put in by me...)

Create account attempt: 1099 in loop
Create account: ###@hotmail.com yjabypohiz Proxy: ###.###.###.###:91:###:###
0 Accounts created in loop
Create account attempt: 1100 in loop
Create account: ###@hotmail.com christophermears Proxy: ###.###.###.###:91:###:###
0 Accounts created in loop
Process loop finished: 0 accounts created so far :

0 Total Accounts created (while) out of 1100
Loop: 2
Attempt to create: 1100 this loop
Create account attempt: 1 in loop
No more email addresses left to use
Process loop finished: 0 accounts created so far :
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Account creation - working?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Hi,

Last time I tested (about the 23rd / 24th Dec) everything was working fine with IMPORTED EMAIL ACCOUNTS.

Looking at your logs, it seems you requests 1100+ accounts to be created yet just entered 1-2 email addresses. This may be throwing something out (it shouldn't, but it might). There may also be an issue when using just one imported email account, as the counting system is 0 based (0,1,2,3,4... etc), there could be a bug there. I always test by importing 100s of email accounts, so perhaps haven't come across this issue.

I am back to work full time now, so will take a look into this. Am sure will have everything ironed out today or tomorrow (there is a bit of a backlog of support as I took some time off over this Christmas).
MartinM

Post by MartinM »

That's the thing - even I'm not daft enough to try and create 1100 accounts! I tried just one and that's what I got and I had 1200 email addresses in there. I'm assuming if it attempted to create 1100 it would take a long time to finish - it didn't and just took a couple of seconds (enough time to go to the log screen and see the failures).

One thing that I noticed - there was no mention of headless browser (or whatever it's called) - it didn't ask for confirmation.

M.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

One thing that I noticed - there was no mention of headless browser (or whatever it's called) - it didn't ask for confirmation.
AHA, you might be onto something there!

I have tested on all my machines, but these I have used for continually testing the new signup, the installer on a fresh install may be the problem.

I will try and find a fresh machine that has never had the program installed on and test on that
MartinM

Post by MartinM »

*cough*
It's actually working now.

Why? Dunno. Still never asked about headless, tho.

M
beer30

Post by beer30 »

I just bought the software a few days ago and the account creation works ok for me. Only problem I have with it is public proxies which isn't the software's fault. I was using the catchall domain email setting.

Btw what webmail accounts other then gmail or hotmail will work? Just anything POP enabled?

While on the subject of emails would it be much trouble to have the software use a list of webmail accounts BUT look for the emails in a single account? Much like the catchall setup. I ask because with my main source of income I have a ton of webmails forwarded and could filter the tumblr emails to a separate email. It's not a must have or anything so if it's much trouble don't bother. Would just save me from buying or making webmails just for tumblr.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

MartinM wrote:*cough*
It's actually working now.

Why? Dunno. Still never asked about headless, tho.

M
What anti virus do you have? I use freeavg and it pops up a message. On my server Windows defender pops up another message.

Well if it is working now that is good. I guess it isn't an installer issue then :)

Still need to drill down into your initial processing logs as something isn't quite right there. That is my next task....
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

beer30 wrote:I just bought the software a few days ago and the account creation works ok for me. Only problem I have with it is public proxies which isn't the software's fault. I was using the catchall domain email setting.

Btw what webmail accounts other then gmail or hotmail will work? Just anything POP enabled?

While on the subject of emails would it be much trouble to have the software use a list of webmail accounts BUT look for the emails in a single account? Much like the catchall setup. I ask because with my main source of income I have a ton of webmails forwarded and could filter the tumblr emails to a separate email. It's not a must have or anything so if it's much trouble don't bother. Would just save me from buying or making webmails just for tumblr.
With catchall email accounts, it is a good way to bulk create accounts, but do be aware, it is a footprint that *COULD* be detected, so don't create 100s / 1000s of accounts. As tumblr can quite easily figure out, they get multiple signups daily from hotmail / yahoo / gmx / hotmail etc. But not from "@yourdomain.com".

I have no evidence of bulk bans on catchall, but it is a possibility. Just want to be clear on that. It used to be fine with Soundcloud, then one day, POOF, 1000s of accounts got the banhammer.

Only problem I have with it is public proxies which isn't the software's fault.
Public proxies will need some heavy duty filtering to be able to hold through the process. As a headless browser is now used, ALL images are downloaded, all javascript processed, all CSS files etc. This can add up to quite a bit of bandwidth / time to hold a connection.

Yes anything POP enabled will work, AS LONG AS the registration mail doesn't go the SPAM / JUNK folder. The POP protocol does not allow access to folders, so the program cannot check these folders.

If enough of you want it, I can update the program to use IMAP, which does allow foldered access, but as long as hotmail doesn't junk the mail, I would suggest just keep using hotmail accounts at 1000 for $4

The problem with this is, the program would need to know that

mailA in email account x@y.com actually needs to be tied to a@b.com
mailB in email account x@y.com actually needs to be tied to b@b.com
mailC in email account x@y.com actually needs to be tied to c@b.com

Sometimes there is an email header that is used to log who received the original mail, but it varies. Same as the email body may show this information, but that could also change.

But as with any suggested feature, it is all noted, if more people want this, I can get it added
beer30

Post by beer30 »

I was just using the catchall to test with since it seemed like the easiest way with the public proxies. So not the end of the world if tumblr kills the 10 accounts I made lol. But thanks for the warning.

I thought I read someplace awhile back hotmails were causing problems with accounts being made? Something about them not sending the registration email or ghosting accounts. It's been awhile though. I've had this project on the back burner for awhile now.