Custom Search Strategies?

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
PrismaPhonic

Custom Search Strategies?

Post by PrismaPhonic »

Hi,

Wondering what people's strategies are that involve using the custom search feature. I follow and like about 35 users a day and get about 7 follows back. I'd like to improve my conversion ratio and I think that custom searches might be the answer!

Any good ideas for how you guys utilize custom search to improve your conversion rate?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Custom Search Strategies?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

what searches do you run at the moment
PrismaPhonic

Post by PrismaPhonic »

for custom search I've tended to do two of them. One is for artists with a similar sound, and I'll do a custom search where it grabs a song of theirs and then plays, favorites and follows commenters of that song if the commenter meets certain criteria I set in the filter.

The other one I setup is to pull the most recent song and then play/favorite/follow commenters of the song. I run this one on big curated soundcloud channels that post new songs up daily and have big followings (in a related music genre of course).

That's it for custom searches. Non-custom searched I run is to search for a song posted in the last day under various genre tags, and I also run follow to follow similar artists followers if they meet certain criteria I set.
PrismaPhonic

Post by PrismaPhonic »

I sort of just mix and match and do a little bit of all of those each day
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Sounds like you are actioning on active users
and multiple interactions per follow.

Just improved the multi track follow interaction.
So you can play X tracks of the user Y times. So before you follow, play each of their latest tracks 2-5 times. It will slow down your actions (must wait about a minute between dupe plays) but for users weary of bot followers, should prove to be pretty authentic - you have played multiple tracks multiple times and like 50% of the tracks, then followed. Cannot really get more realistic than that.

Next make sure you are avoiding bots
ignore less than 50 or 100 followers
ignore if no avatar
ignore is upload < X tracks (this depends)
ignore if default username

Next up what you can do, is just really be sure the user is the type of user you want to be following.

number of tracks uploaded
pro account

then investigate / check the conversions stats report to see which actions are more likely to convert to follow backs
PrismaPhonic

Post by PrismaPhonic »

ok, I'm confused by the genre filter.

I noticed it says use CSV for multiples, so I put in the address to a CSV file but it seems to be skipping over people that have one of the genres listed in my CSV.

Is this not how it works? Am I merely supposed to enter multiple genres separated by a comma?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

depends what exact search you are entering.

so what search are you performing
what CSV are you entering
jamalcole

Post by jamalcole »

how do i upload a csv file anyway?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

what EXACTLY do you want to bulk load in? then I can send you a sample