Repost limits not being observed

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
PrismaPhonic

Repost limits not being observed

Post by PrismaPhonic »

Hey, haven't tested this yet with the testing version, but in the stable version yesterday I noticed that the repost limits weren't being observed. I recently started running 10 extra accounts ("army" of accounts haha) and I set the global repost limit to only 1 repost a day (I don't want these guys getting unfollowed because they might be flooding their fans feeds with too much content) and I also went into every single account and set the personal limits to 1 repost, so both global and personal are set to 1.

I ran a repost job to find the most popular tracks by a certain genre, and have each account repost just 1 of those. My goal is to have each account repost 1 hit song a day in the genre they are following, so that way they are curating content that would probably be enjoyed by the music fans they are targeting, and therefore have a higher conversion rate (that's the theory anyways).

However, when I tested this each account ended up reposting about 4-5 different songs.

Have any idea why that might be? I also did "share across accounts" when setting up the repost and had all 10 accounts selected.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Repost limits not being observed

Post by martin@rootjazz »

improved the code, added more logging, for me it is working correctly now

will post update later today (probably)
PrismaPhonic

Post by PrismaPhonic »

really strange. that link takes me to a tumblingjazz bot testing page (even though the URL clearly says soundcloudmanager.com)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

sorry - uploaded wrong files to wrong folder

fixed

https://soundcloudmanager.com/updatetesting.html