RIP SCM 2011-2024

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
realmouse

RIP SCM 2011-2024

Post by realmouse »

After being in the community since November and watching things develop over the past 6 months, I think it’s safe to say that SCM is on its last legs. With no updates on Martins end yet being active on other forums means that there isn’t a lack of drive to fix it, it’s that it can’t be fixed. In the replies below, can anyone supply any working alternatives for SCM?
shantu95

Re: RIP SCM 2011-2024

Post by shantu95 »

martin can fix it bro...
shantu95

Post by shantu95 »

https://t.me/+I79zLTZlVjo2MzJl

join this telegram group...
lets talk and find a solution together..
slikoe

Post by slikoe »

The SCM is still functional for me.. depends on your needs.
SCMANAGER_USER

Post by SCMANAGER_USER »

Indeed, his attitude towards community and SCM is not entirely clear. He promised to fix it, people even offered paid options, and some would pay, but in response there was a long silence.
shantu95

Post by shantu95 »

SCMANAGER_USER wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:47 pm Indeed, his attitude towards community and SCM is not entirely clear. He promised to fix it, people even offered paid options, and some would pay, but in response there was a long silence.
today he replied to my email...
and told me he was super busy on twitter problems...
he will look into our SCM forum later today...
that's what he said on email...

also i request everyone to join this telegram group...
so that we can communicate more easily...
https://t.me/+I79zLTZlVjo2MzJl
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

SCMANAGER_USER wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:47 pm Indeed, his attitude towards community and SCM is not entirely clear. He promised to fix it, people even offered paid options, and some would pay, but in response there was a long silence.

My apologies, but I have never "promised" to fix it.

Yes people have offered to contribute a payment, but the fix is not a known quantity. It's not like I can say "I need 10 hours to fix it". It's unknown, it could be 10, it could be 100, it could be 1000, it could be impossible.

Then if fixed, honestly no sales are expected as there were known whilst it was working the last few months it was working.

These days my time is limited. That I cannot change.

What would you do? Work on a program you don't know that can be fixed that you don't expect to generate sales.
Or work on a program that is selling and feeds your kids. That's my decision.

Unfortunately, Elon at twitter is making big constant changes, so I never get a break to look at SCM. If twitter settles down, I may get some spare time, but there are currently no promises.

As to the long silence, there is only so many times I can repeat the above, before... well I am just wasting the little time I do have saying the same things over and over again.

I wish SCM was working, I wish it was selling. But it doesn't and it didn't. Just how it is. Sorry, I know a few of you used it a lot, maybe I can get it working somewhat, maybe not...

:-(
forproton

Post by forproton »

Thank you Martin for the update with the pretty understandable reasons.

I'm a software engineer (mostly for web technologies), but I was developing with C# and .NET back in the days for a short time. If you need some help to keep SCM alive, just DM me here. I do not have too much time either, but I will try to do my best to help you.
realmouse

Post by realmouse »

You are literally a saint ^^^