Network Failure

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
istj

Network Failure

Post by istj »

Hello,

I can log into my account but when I run a process I get network failure message. I have submitted logs with ID: logs_41317

Not using a proxy.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Network Failure

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Program cannot access the network.

Are you using home machine or VPS?
VPN?
VM?
What OS?

Forum help page
viewtopic.php?t=12813

If the proxies are working, then something on your machine is blocking the access to the app

It seems like something on your machine is blocking the running of the program. Most often this is you Anti Virus / Security software. The two most common are:

* Windows Defender
* Smart screen / app security

Please let me know what operating system you are using and how you run the program: At home / on VPS / In VM?

Please check your anti virus / security software and make sure the applications program files folder:

c:\program files (x86)\twitterdub

is whitelisted and / or all the .exe and .dlls in that folder.

also the python TLS browser:
%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\python\python.exe

is whitelisted and / or all the .exe and .dlls in that folder.

Or just disable all Anti virus / app security processes and try again, if it now works, that is the issue and you can try and find a less drastic solution to stop these processes blocking TD from the network

Regards,
Martin
istj

Post by istj »

Using windows server 2022. I have tried disabling firewall and added exceptions but same issue. The strange thing is it was working before I did an update, now it stopped working.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

istj wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:04 pm The strange thing is it was working before I did an update, now it stopped working.

I think is probably anti virus / security software then. Some people reported the update was picked up incorrectly by a heuristics update.
Did you check through the AV . security instructions I posted above?
istj

Post by istj »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm I think is probably anti virus / security software then. Some people reported the update was picked up incorrectly by a heuristics update.
Yes, it was all disabled already. The strange thing is I can login and validate the account, but just get network failure error when I try to run a job.
istj

Post by istj »

I just tried installing the old version and this time I get error: Get request not successful: 302
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

istj wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm I think is probably anti virus / security software then. Some people reported the update was picked up incorrectly by a heuristics update.
Yes, it was all disabled already. The strange thing is I can login and validate the account, but just get network failure error when I try to run a job.
ok, interesting. The login module goes through the TLS bypass function.
The normal jobs use the twitterdub HTTP client.

Are you using a proxy?
Do you use a VPN? Do you need a special network setup to access twitter normally?
istj

Post by istj »

No proxy, no VPN, just direct connection.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

You are using a server OS, is this a home machine? Or a VPS? If a VPS , can you send me the RDP login details and I will log in and see if I can figure it out

Regards,
Martin