Sensible values for RN "Become fan"

General discussions regarding Reverbnation Bot
jazz-from-hell

Sensible values for RN "Become fan"

Post by jazz-from-hell »

I have recently purchased the RN bot, tried out a little bit and it really works nicely. I now look to expand the activity engaging real users by becoming a fan.

Are the values for time intervals in the different menus are in seconds or minutes?

What are the recommended values for the fan function RN (per single account), i.e recommended time intervals and max time / fan limit? How many hours is safe to wait between repeats?

How tolerant is RN API to exceeded usage, are there any actual penalties or just slowdown / captcha mechanisms?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Sensible values for RN "Become fan"

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I don't have exact figures, but RVN are not too strict with automating such behaviour. I would recommend the usual 100 a day, which seems quite standard across all social sites. You could probably do more, but that would be for you to push and see how far you can push it to the edge without going over.
Are the values for time intervals in the different menus are in seconds or minutes?
seconds
jazz-from-hell

Post by jazz-from-hell »

Thanks Martin.

A valuable addition to this feature would be to opt-out of mailing list subscriptions, because as for now the API is registering fans with a default opt-in (to artists who have Fan Reach) meaning that by becoming a fan unless otherwise noted you are also subscribing automatically to an incredible amount of newsletters. There is probably a way to turn it off upon becoming a fan via API so it would be great if RVN bot featured this option.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Feature request noted. Hopefully get some time next week. Bit of a backlog on feature requests at the moment to be honest, so hopefully next week - end of next week at the earliest.