Following & All Scraping Not Working

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
hovdeliani

Following & All Scraping Not Working

Post by hovdeliani »

Keeps giving cursor page error. Can't find the next page to scrape so it just stops and cancels the action. I can't even scrape or follow more than like 5-10 people at a time because the bot refuses to goto the next page to scrape the next page of users. Been happening for over a week even with all these updates. VERY frustrating. Can we PLEASE get this very simple issue fixed already?!
Yrokumata

Re: Following & All Scraping Not Working

Post by Yrokumata »

same here...had to get back to an older version...
hovdeliani

Post by hovdeliani »

Are you also getting this error in any type of search you try?

"No paging cursor found, stopping search!"

If you can't scrape profiles then you can't follow, unfollow, like, or reply.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

hovdeliani wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:23 pm Keeps giving cursor page error. Can't find the next page to scrape so it just stops and cancels the action. I can't even scrape or follow more than like 5-10 people at a time because the bot refuses to goto the next page to scrape the next page of users. Been happening for over a week even with all these updates. VERY frustrating. Can we PLEASE get this very simple issue fixed already?!
IF you are not prepared to accept some new issues / regressions / and bugs whilst massive amounts of the program is being rewritten (for free, for no charge, whilst I try and get new updates out for diagnosed issues daily, whilst twitter continues to make backend changes) then just put the software down for a week or two, until people start report it's stable.

It's that, or have some patience, report all issues, whether new or continued in as much details as I request.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

No paging cursor found, stopping search!"
Seems twitter started serving a new paging cursor format, I hadn't seen before, added support for it this morning.

Going back to an older version not recommended as older searches were using the old backend search functions twitter was using which they have now discontinued, some still work, some don't, but if you are hitting endpoints the twitter website no longer users, it's a bit of an indicator you are running old bot code and it could be a honey pot for bots...

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html
hovdeliani

Post by hovdeliani »

No disrespect intended at all to you, Martin. We all appreciate and understand the major commitment keeping this updated requires. But with all due respect, I believe Yrokumata has been reporting this very issue for quite some time before me as well. I could be wrong..