There was a login to your account @accountname from a new device on Oct 10, 2022. Review it now.

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Vinnicino

There was a login to your account @accountname from a new device on Oct 10, 2022. Review it now.

Post by Vinnicino »

So 2 of my accounts got locked with this message:

Your account is locked
After careful review, we determined your account broke the Twitter Rules. Your account is temporarily in read-only mode, which means you can’t Tweet, Retweet, or Like content. Most accounts regain full access in a week, but it could take longer.

I was using Image Tweets and I noticed the first one FAILED (after 33 successful Image Tweets - 5 minutes apart) with this message:

{"errors":[{"code":326,"message":"To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, this account is temporarily locked. Please log in to https://twitter.com to unlock your account.","sub_error_code":1,"bounce_location":"https://twitter.com/account/access"}]}
13:40:35: Checking JsonErrResp: 403

It happened 6 times before I noticed and then when I signed into the account, I got 6 of these messages: There was a login to your account @accountname from a new device on Oct 10, 2022. Review it now.

I'm using a proxy IP, authenticated already via SMS, so not sure why it's saying it's logging in all of a sudden as a new device.

I was able to correlate the first FAILED Message (based on time) to the first twitter message (There was a login to your account @accountname from a new device on Oct 10, 2022. Review it now.)

Any ideas why all of a sudden it would think it's trying to log in from a new device? Each message on Twitter shows the same location, same browser.... so really confused...

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

V
Vinnicino

Re: There was a login to your account @accountname from a new device on Oct 10, 2022. Review it now.

Post by Vinnicino »

Thanks for that! I just replied to Martin on that thread as well.
biagle

Re: There was a login to your account @accountname from a new device on Oct 10, 2022. Review it now.

Post by biagle »

all my acc's are ghosted now. no notifications to users for my follows..
Vinnicino

Post by Vinnicino »

When you say ghosted you mean shadowbanned? Or did you get a notice like me about having the account locked down in "read-only"
biagle

Post by biagle »

i mean shadowbanned
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Vinnicino wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:08 pm from a new device on Oct 10, 2022. Review it now.
Were you running GROUP actions by any chance?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Can you submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

And let me know the name of the account.

One user usage seems to imply it's the group action, but it doesn't cause it for me

The REVIEW IT NOW does NOT show a new IP, does NOT show a new device.
biagle

Post by biagle »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:40 pm
Vinnicino wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:08 pm from a new device on Oct 10, 2022. Review it now.
Were you running GROUP actions by any chance?
i was not using group actions..
Vinnicino

Post by Vinnicino »

I'll grab those log shortly and send them over.

Not sure what you mean by "group actions" - i was using image tweet actions (2 actions - 1 account per action).

Also, my accounts got unlocked from read-only the next day after I verified with phone number and was able to successfully tweet normally using the tweet action (not the image action), again, 1 action per account.

Thanks,

V