All of a sudden getting this: FAILED to pull twitter.com

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lsberic

All of a sudden getting this: FAILED to pull twitter.com

Post by lsberic »

Not sure what happened, but I noticed all of a sudden, I am no longer able to post to twitter. When I used the verify login function this is what I see in the log:

* FAILED to pull twitter.com
Validate account failed: (*****745) *******8671 : FAILED to pull twitter.com: <accountname>

FAILED VERIFY:
<accountname>
0 accounts validated out of 1
I performed the newest update and still no go. Any suggestions?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: All of a sudden getting this: FAILED to pull twitter.com

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Program cannot connect to server

-1 / empty / <null> means no response received.

This is either your network was down, the proxy wasn't working, something on your machine blocked the request / the site server timed out and didn't respond in time (unlikely but does happen)

If using a proxy, test it:
Please confirm your proxy is working, more info on how to do that here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3453

If the proxy appears to be working fine, please run the action again as it could have been a network "blip".

If the issue appears to be persistent, please check your anti virus / security software as they *may* block the app from the accessing the network: the two most common are:

* Windows Defender
* Smart screen

Make sure the applications program files folder:

c:\program files (x86)\instadub

is whitelisted and / or all the .exe and .dlls in that folder.

Please let me know what operating system you are using and how you run the program: At home / on VPS / In VM?

Also, some countries (eg China) cannot access Instagram and need to use a VPN to access the service. If this is not configured correctly the program will not route through the VPN and all connections will be blocked.

You can test what IP is being use:
goto HELP > CHECK IP > CHECK 1 and CHECK 2

CHECK 1 should be your VPN IP and check 2 should be your LOCAL IP if everything is correct. If it is not, click the option 'ALLOW SYSTEM DEFAULT PROXY'

Regards,
Martin
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:03 pm Program cannot connect to server

-1 / empty / <null> means no response received.

This is either your network was down, the proxy wasn't working, something on your machine blocked the request / the site server timed out and didn't respond in time (unlikely but does happen)

If using a proxy, test it:
Please confirm your proxy is working, more info on how to do that here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3453
I don't use a proxy so that's not the issue. Also, I logged in using my browser just to confirm I had network activity and make sure the account was not banned. I was successful (I did have to confirm my email on one account).

Please let me know what operating system you are using and how you run the program: At home / on VPS / In VM?
I use. Windows 7 on a vps. I never had any issue until recently. Not sure what is going on. Beginning to think there is an issue with chrome browser. Was able to use "open acc in session Browser" and sign into twitter with my account info. But in the cmd box, I see a few errors. These may not be anything serious, but not sure. Will look/test some more.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lsberic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:41 pm
I use. Windows 7 on a vps. I never had any issue until recently. Not sure what is going on. Beginning to think there is an issue with chrome browser. Was able to use "open acc in session Browser" and sign into twitter with my account info. But in the cmd box, I see a few errors. These may not be anything serious, but not sure. Will look/test some more.
Windows is no longer a Microsoft supported OS, so we do not support it either. It hasn't been supported by MS for 3 years or so, you should really update it as it is no longer safe and secure.

But it sounds like something on the machine is blocking the app from the network. Check AV / security software

But I strongly recommend you to upgrade the OS

Regards,
Martin