Confused about watch folders for scheduled tweets

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lsberic

Confused about watch folders for scheduled tweets

Post by lsberic »

I have a watch folder set for scheduled tweets. They are not being sent.

From what I can see in the processor, the action is stuck at waiting. Shouldn’t it be stuck at processing? I know I have a watch folder set for non scheduled tweets and it remains in a processing state even when there are no text files in the folder.

But as soon as I add txt to the folder, it sends out the tweet.

Shouldn’t scheduling work similarly? If not, what happens is when the scheduled time hits, if there are other processes going (which there usually are), the tweet is never sent that day. This is a problem for me.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Confused about watch folders for scheduled tweets

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Do you have enough THREADS set to process the additional processes?

Can you screenshot your processing tab so I can see what is happening, probably you just need to +1 the NUM THREADS, but if I can see I can be sure

Regards,
Martin
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:45 pm Do you have enough THREADS set to process the additional processes?

Well that is the issue. By the time the schedule comes around I run out of threads. I have a max of four threads and one thread is constantly occupied by the regular tweet watch folder. The other three are other actions.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:45 pm Can you screenshot your processing tab so I can see what is happening, probably you just need to +1 the NUM THREADS, but if I can see I can be sure

Regards,
Martin
I do not want to add a thread. And even if I did I am not guaranteed it will be available by the scheduled time tomorrow.

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lsberic wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:39 pm

I do not want to add a thread. And even if I did I am not guaranteed it will be available by the scheduled time tomorrow.

Thanks
Then the action created by the watch action will run, when one of those other 3 actions finish
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:04 pm
lsberic wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Thanks
Then the action created by the watch action will run, when one of those other 3 actions finish
What I see happening is, if a thread becomes available after the scheduled time, the action is rescheduled for the next day at that time.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lsberic wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:09 am
What I see happening is, if a thread becomes available after the scheduled time, the action is rescheduled for the next day at that time.
I would need to see logs showing this, because that should only happen if the action cannot run due to ACCOUNT or ACTION working hours, or some other reason why the action couldn't run (specified account cannot run due to limits / blocks).

But logs would say, double click to view REAL TIME logs, should be there, otherwise from that form, click the link VIEW RAW LOGS and more details will be there

Regards,
Martin
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

OK, so I tried this again. I have a watch folder scheduled to tweet out at 3:30. It is in "processing" mode. When I added a tweet at 3:20, it posted immediately. Is that to be expected?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lsberic wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 pm OK, so I tried this again. I have a watch folder scheduled to tweet out at 3:30. It is in "processing" mode. When I added a tweet at 3:20, it posted immediately. Is that to be expected?
Again I need to see logs showing this and the watch file you used and how you set up the action. I don't recall the watch file having a mechanism for scheduling times, it is just posted when it is detected. Can you explain why / how you think the watch file should be scheduled (maybe I am just forgetting a little used function)

Regards,
Martin
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:26 pm Again I need to see logs showing this and the watch file you used and how you set up the action. I don't recall the watch file having a mechanism for scheduling times,
OK, that's really all I needed to know. I assumed since the schedule function was there, that it would work. But I see you saying watch folders do not have a schedule function.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:26 pm it is just posted when it is detected. Can you explain why / how you think the watch file should be scheduled (maybe I am just forgetting a little used function)
I had hoped it would run at the scheduled time to check if new content has been added in the watch folder and then repeat this action every day (or when the schedule is set).

But from what I read you saying, this is currently not possible with the watch folder function. That's all I needed to know.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Ok, I understand. You can schedule the first time the action will run. If you set a date for next week, the action should be added with the scheduled date and won't start until that date.

But once it is running, it will post images as soon as they are detected.