Accounts Deleted

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
Quality1

Accounts Deleted

Post by Quality1 »

Anyone else experience mass account deletions recently?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Accounts Deleted

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I haven't heard of any more than the usual.

What IPs you use to create accounts?
How many accounts per IP?
Were they verified?
What were you doing with them?
Any footprints?
Quality1

Post by Quality1 »

One (1) IP per account, high quality proxies
They were verified accounts.

The accounts are all over 6 months old, have a handful of engagements (likes, reposts, follows, comments)

A few of the accounts left a comment the day prior to getting deleted.
The comments were not spammy at all, they were original, thoughtful, song-relevant comments.

Another thing that is happening is already-verified accounts become un-verified.
They used to be able to leave comments. They have pictures, banners, etc.
Now it's asking to reverify email addresses and can no longer leave comments.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Quality1 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:53 am
Sounds like a new thing SC is doing for accounts they think might be fake, but not 100% sure to ban outright.

Log into an account manually, do they display any message indicating what is going on?
Quality1

Post by Quality1 »

I have emailed you regarding this. Thanks!
SCMANAGER_USER

Post by SCMANAGER_USER »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:19 pm
Quality1 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:53 am
Sounds like a new thing SC is doing for accounts they think might be fake, but not 100% sure to ban outright.

Log into an account manually, do they display any message indicating what is going on?

Also deleted many accounts, which was not spam, but real profiles. It started after updating the latest version of the software, but maybe the soundcloud introduced some tools, because I wrote in support and they replied that you used automated programs to manage your accounts.

If any ways to solve these problems? Because for 2 or 3 weeks every day they delete accounts of real artists and labels.
Quality1

Post by Quality1 »

SCMANAGER_USER wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:49 am Also deleted many accounts, which was not spam, but real profiles. It started after updating the latest version of the software, but maybe the soundcloud introduced some tools, because I wrote in support and they replied that you used automated programs to manage your accounts.

If any ways to solve these problems? Because for 2 or 3 weeks every day they delete accounts of real artists and labels.
I am suffering deletions every 24hrs as well.
Many are old accounts, like 3-4 years old.
Many are legit artist and producer accounts with original music posted to the platform.

I have tried making some new accounts but they get deleted almost immediately.
Fresh proxies, good email addresses.

Please help Martin, the situation is getting dire :(
Quality1

Post by Quality1 »

Martin, can you create a few new accounts today, run a few random likes/reposts/follows and see if they get deleted or not?
It seems like SC's bot detection has got a big upgrade recently and it's detecting SCM activity.
My new accounts are indistinguishable from real and not doing anything shady, yet they get deleted almost immediately.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, I think I have figured it out.

Soundcloud have added a new property to the request for making a FOLLOW:

signature 1:81a981

Usually when this happens, the request fails, but SC are allowing it and at this time, I assume using the lack of this value to flag the accounts.

Unfortunately, the signature looks like an encryption routine so it is not going to be nice and easy to work out and may take some days. I know when they did this before for logins it took a while.

Am going to put out a mailing warning to all users now and will keep everyone uptodate with progress

Regards,
Martin
mal73

Post by mal73 »

Soundcloud have added a new property to the request for making a FOLLOW:

signature 1:81a981
Does this mean the other actions are safe? I created about 3.5k new accounts yesterday and they seem to be running fine so I don't think they catch you on registering.