Search users by hashtag/keyword

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
jamberry

Search users by hashtag/keyword

Post by jamberry »

I know its possible to search tweets by hashtag/keyword and then follow their creators. But is it also possible to search hashtag/keyword and follow users which have this hashtag/keyword in bio/username? Twitter allows this kind of search but I cant find out how to setup it at Twitterdub.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Search users by hashtag/keyword

Post by martin@rootjazz »

jamberry wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:56 pm I know its possible to search tweets by hashtag/keyword and then follow their creators. But is it also possible to search hashtag/keyword and follow users which have this hashtag/keyword in bio/username? Twitter allows this kind of search but I cant find out how to setup it at Twitterdub.
well you cannot have a #hashtag in your username, but if you meant keyword, then yes, do a USERNAME SEARCH. This may also include results that have the keyword in the bio, I don't recall. If you can do it on twitter.com, then twitterdub can do it and it will be USERNAME SEARCH or maybe is termed USER SEARCH something containing USER and SEARCH in some format :)
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

Oh perfect.. and second thing - how to build up search to scrape tweet interactions also for retweets? I mean something like this:

Input is @therock -> and i want to scrape his tweets and stuff he retweeted from others -> and then interact with people which liked/commented/retweeted these tweets and retweets.

I tried to scrape "User tweets" but that scrapes only @therock's original tweets. And I need retweets too. I tried also scraping "Timeline" but thats giving me pretty strange results.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:57 pm Oh perfect.. and second thing - how to build up search to scrape tweet interactions also for retweets? I mean something like this:
Have a watch of the CUSTOM SEARCH tutorial:

Twitterdub custom search tutorial
- Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYP9Gvh2n-M

Sorry for audio quality, I'd lost mic and used laptop mic :(

Input is @therock -> and i want to scrape his tweets and stuff he retweeted from others -> and then interact with people which liked/commented/retweeted these tweets and retweets.
CUSTOM SEARCH:
input: @therock
SEARCH_1
Steps:
USER TWEETS
TWEET INTERACTIONS (replies / comments / retweets)

SEARCH_2
Steps:
USER RETWEETS (or maybe is terms RETWEETED BY USER - something along these lines)

I tried to scrape "User tweets" but that scrapes only @therock's original tweets. And I need retweets too.
As above you need a separate search / action for this as the retweets and user tweets come from different endpoints.
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

SEARCH_2
Steps:
USER RETWEETS (or maybe is terms RETWEETED BY USER - something along these lines)
Well there is option "RetweetedBy" but it requires link to specific tweets as input.. if I set @therock as input then process fails.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:19 am
SEARCH_2
Steps:
Well there is option "RetweetedBy" but it requires link to specific tweets as input.. if I set @therock as input then process fails.
RetweetedBy isn't it. That will tell you who retweeted a specific tweet, which is not what you want. Let me take a look and tell you exactly :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

My apologies, I was thinking of a different program :oops:

There is NO way to get ONLY the retweets made by a user.

You can get USER TWEETS from custom search then apply a filter to include / not include retweets. But you cannot ONLY get retweets made by a specific user
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:43 pm You can get USER TWEETS from custom search then apply a filter to include / not include retweets.
Yea thats exactly what im looking for - could you explain how to apply this filter please?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:11 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:43 pm You can get USER TWEETS from custom search then apply a filter to include / not include retweets.
Yea thats exactly what im looking for - could you explain how to apply this filter please?
Click the the FILTER button. check option to include retweets or uncheck to not (default is not include retweets).
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

Im sorry and im probably missing something but can you show me screen where to find FILTER button? All I know about is "User Filter" but there isn't anything related to retweets?