Unable to save adv preaction and user filter values

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lsberic

Unable to save adv preaction and user filter values

Post by lsberic »

Hi Martin,

Just started working with twitterdub (I have not followed up on my last thread but I will). Getting into the hang of things with twitterdub (in addition to the holidays here in the states) have proven more time consuming than I thought.

I think I discovered two bugs, but perhaps they are features, not sure.

1. The ADV PRE-ACTIONS. I cannot save retweet user media and I am not sure why. I open the box, I check the box I hit ok. I reopen the box and the function is unchecked. Perhaps I'm missing something here. I thought this retweeted the tweet of the user.

2. It appears if you open the USER FILTER function and hit cancel, you are in fact restoring the settings to default. This is unexpected. Suppose I make changes, and then decide, I liked the settings the way they were? I would expect if I hit cancel the setting will revert back to the last saved values and not default.

Finally, is there a function to not interact (follow,like,retweet) private accounts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Unable to save adv preaction and user filter values

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lsberic wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 pm
2. It appears if you open the USER FILTER function and hit cancel, you are in fact restoring the settings to default. This is unexpected. Suppose I make changes, and then decide, I liked the settings the way they were? I would expect if I hit cancel the setting will revert back to the last saved values and not default.
This is correct. CANCEL is comparable to REMOVE EXISTING FILTER
Finally, is there a function to not interact (follow,like,retweet) private accounts?
Should be on the FILTER tab

checking into (1)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 pm
Should be on the FILTER tab
No it isn't! will look to add the option to the USER FILTER options
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lsberic wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 pm 1. The ADV PRE-ACTIONS. I cannot save retweet user media and I am not sure why.
ok so the options specified were not reloaded into the control, but still should have been applied after saving out the PREACTIONS form.

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

filter.IgnorePrivate:
The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

Thanks! Will update later tomorrow.
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:51 pm filter.IgnorePrivate:
The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
I see this function is available now. Thanks.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:18 pm
lsberic wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 pm 1. The ADV PRE-ACTIONS. I cannot save retweet user media and I am not sure why.
ok so the options specified were not reloaded into the control, but still should have been applied after saving out the PREACTIONS form.

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
I can select this now and it sticks. Thanks.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 pm
lsberic wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 pm
This is correct. CANCEL is comparable to REMOVE EXISTING FILTER
I can see this works the same in custom search. If you open the box and then hit cancel to close it, the values clear out completely. Weird. Do you realize this makes the cancel function inconsistent throughout the program - hence unexpected?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

this makes the cancel function inconsistent throughout the program - hence unexpected?
It is how the filter control works in the app in order to allow you to remove
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:55 pm
this makes the cancel function inconsistent throughout the program - hence unexpected?
It is how the filter control works in the app in order to allow you to remove
But the cancel button works differently in different sections of the program.

For instance:
If I double click on an account and hit cancel, it doesn’t erase my account profiles.
If I open the adv pre actions function and hit cancel, it doesn’t erase my settings.
In the scrapper if it select an account, open the select account box and hit cancel, it does not clear my account setting (I actually do not see a way to clear this out at all).
If I enter a search file path, hit save, then click the button to open a directory and then hit cancel, it doesn’t clear out the search field.
If I enter ignore words and include words and hit save, open the box and hit cancel, those words are not deleted.

And in the custom search function, you clearly have two clear functions if the clear button and the cancel button both clear the fields.

My suggestion would be, particularly with the user filter which everyone (especially those coming from jarvee and followliker) use, to put a warning when you hit cancel that they are erasing their settings.

Mucho frustrating if you just loaded the ignore and include words with a bunch of keywords and set min/max followers and followings only to learn cancel just deleted them all.

I would even suggest a way to export/import those settings (should I add to the feature request section?)