following the same person

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
hasorandom

following the same person

Post by hasorandom »

all my accounts will follow the same person when following users.

ive enabled global global logs and named it

and in the follow tab ive enabled , "share followers over all selected accounts"

and when following a users followers sometimes the accounts will follow a same user.

im trying to make it so only 1 of the accounts follow somebody and doesnt repeat

how do i fix this?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: following the same person

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Shouldn't happen in a shared action or global log.

Do you have logs showing duplicate happening?

--------------------------------
To not process duplicate items across multiple accounts, you have multiple options.

1) SHARED ACTIONS.
When you run a SHARED ACTION, the "already processed" lists for each account in the shared action is used to ensure, no item is processed if any of the accounts in the shared action have already processed the item. Additionally, the items that are processed in the shared action are recorded by all accounts and not processed by any account (in the shared action) in the future (even if an account is running a single account action)

2) Manual MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS.
On the action tabs (eg follow tab) you can select multiple accounts and select MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS. This will run a function to merge the processed items lists of all selected accounts at that point in time. Meaning no item processed by any account in the merge *already* will be processed again. This is a one-off merge, meaning the processed lists will diverge as you run more separate actions in future. Please note, if you perform this on the follow tab, only the followed processed items are merged.

3) Global processed logs - (most of the time people want this option)
Again, on the action tabs (eg follow tab) select your accounts, right click GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS > ADD
What this does is sync all select accounts togeth their processed lists. This means the synced accounts will never process duplicate items regardless of what type of actions is used (shared / single). The difference between (2) "manual merge" is that this is a permanent sync, there will never be any duplication. Again this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)
hasorandom

Post by hasorandom »

how would i find out the logs?

also i find out because i looked at many accounts and they have alot of my accounts follow one profile multiple times.

and alot of times people would msg me saying tons of my accounts would follow them and i looked at their profile to double check to see if it was true

and turns out it was true
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

hasorandom wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:04 pm how would i find out the logs?
My apologies, I wasn't very clear. If it has happened in the last 7 days, it will be logged in the folder: HELP > LOGS > VIEW.

to send me those to review what happened:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

also i find out because i looked at many accounts and they have alot of my accounts follow one profile multiple times and alot of times people would msg me saying tons of my accounts would follow them and i looked at their profile to double check to see if it was true and turns out it was true
so we need to find out how that happened.
If you had a global log (set on FOLLOW tab). It should NOT be possible.
Again, if you only run SHARED ACTIONS, again - should not be possible.

so, 1) check the global processed logs for a couple of accounts that duped followed. goto FOLLOW tab, check ONE account, right click > global logs > view, does it state the log?

Again, test again a different account following same account.

If global log not set, that could be the issue.

2) Are you 100% you ALWAYS use shared actions?
hasorandom

Post by hasorandom »

ID:LOGS_30300_Rada****@gmail.com

( i hid my full email for private reasons but u will be able to see it)

1)yes it does state the log
2)yes 100% i checked "shared follows over all selected accounts
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

can you give me some examples of profiles that were followed multiple time so I can search for them specifically in your logs
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Have tested and tested and global processed logs are working.

I ran multiple shared follow actions for a search of genre+last_hour, which was returning only 3 results.
I tested with global logs and they detected correctly the profiles already followed.
I tested using shared_actions accounts who performed the follows and tried to search again in single actions with the accounts in the share but did not process the items - it worked
Using an account that was in the share and had the global logs, tried them in a shared action with other accounts and single account actions - again everytime it worked.

Are you able to replicate your issue each time? You imply the issue happens a lot - lots of duplicate.

If you run a shared action on an input list of 10 items. Follow them all
Rerun the share - other accounts now follow the profiles?
hasorandom

Post by hasorandom »

https://soundcloud.com/coolboyraps/followers

this guy is one example, 7 of my accounts followed him.

here is one account https://soundcloud.com/margoriecngranby of i own. and many more if u look at his followers it shows several of my accounts are following it.

Maybe i can show u a SS of what im doing?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

hasorandom wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:24 pm https://soundcloud.com/coolboyraps/followers

this guy is one example, 7 of my accounts followed him.

here is one account https://soundcloud.com/margoriecngranby of i own. and many more if u look at his followers it shows several of my accounts are following it.

Maybe i can show u a SS of what im doing?
Just to be clear. I am not saying it is not happening for you. Just that I am unable to replicate it.

So either
1) we are doing things differently and that difference shows the bug
2) you are doing things wrong

If we perform the SAME actions, we will get the same results.

So what we need to understand is, how and when this happens for you.

Is it a constant issue. Hence my test action. We need to start to rule in / rule out what is happening and get closer to the issue.

So, can you create a file of 10 profiles
Select 20 of your accounts
Run a SHARED action to follow those 10 profiles
10 of your accounts should follow them.
Repeat the action (right click REDO)

What SHOULD happen now is, this action does not follow anyone, as the 10 are already followed.

This will show us if the issue occurs EVERY time. IF so, something is seriously wrong. If not, then the issue must be dependant on other factors.

But first lets find out if this issue occurs every time or not. Then we take it from there
hasorandom

Post by hasorandom »

ok , i believe i could be doing something wrong, but I have 100 accounts and they are all following a persons followers

and this person has 150k followers,

is there a way i can send Screen shots of my selections and or processing?

maybe i think im doing something wrong.

what would i need to do in order to troubleshoot this

thank you so much martin