Is there a way to run a merge search from a text file?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
socialcircle

Is there a way to run a merge search from a text file?

Post by socialcircle »

Greetings Martin,

I hope all is well.

I have a text file with 52 user seedlings that I want to get the followers from. I can use multi search, but the problem is that processes one action before processing the others and follows them but it doesn't seem to randomize like a merge taking bits from each and mixing up the results.

The problem is having to type the terms letter by letter when I have the text file. However the text file just treats every term as a singular process instead of a merge.
I even tried to get every term on one line and copy paste it into the search bar to set up the merge format but the copy and paste won't paste in all the names copied on the search bar. Is there anyway to take the to have an input box for select for merge as well as multi at least when it comes to merging.

The key to the merge searching Is I think the processing is different which is definitely something that is great because it gets a bit from every term before for processing. I don't know if my question makes much since so if I need to I will try to explain it better.

Much appreciated Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to run a merge search from a text file?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

socialcircle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:34 am Is there a way to run a merge search from a text file?
no. That is not possible

I have a text file with 52 user seedlings that I want to get the followers from. I can use multi search, but the problem is that processes one action before processing the others and follows them but it doesn't seem to randomize like a merge taking bits from each and mixing up the results.
Correct MULTI SEARCH, is basically multiple actions stored in a single action, processing one action then the next then the next until all multi searches are complete
The problem is having to type the terms letter by letter when I have the text file.
Multi search allows you to enter a file as input and will bulk create the multi searches

However the text file just treats every term as a singular process instead of a merge.
I even tried to get every term on one line and copy paste it into the search bar to set up the merge format but the copy and paste won't paste in all the names copied on the search bar. Is there anyway to take the to have an input box for select for merge as well as multi at least when it comes to merging.
Best you can do is get your text file in a text editor (notepad++ recommended)
open search adn replace (cntrl+h)
Check option for EXTENDED
search: \r\n
replace: ,

this will transform

Code: Select all

input1
input2
input3
to

input1,input2,input3
then you can just add an opening and closing [...]

[input1,input2,input3] 
and you have it how you want it
socialcircle

Post by socialcircle »

Thanks Martin! You are awesome! This worked like a charm.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

:)