Couple questions about how SCM operates

Discussions to do with Soundcloud Manager. Do not use for support, use the dedicated support forum for help requests
Jordan6645

Couple questions about how SCM operates

Post by Jordan6645 »

I have a couple questions about something with SCM that I've been scratching my head over that I haven't got round to asking you about.

Firstly, I have commented 150k times on soundcloud... I know that's a lot, but that's spread out over 6+ years. I've been trying to remove them all recently, but the software does this, log:

"21:41:12: Max items not specified: setting to 8000"

The problem is, I have set a value, 150k being that value. I have also set a smaller value, like 10k, but the software insists on setting the value to 8k, and has done for some time.

That wouldn't be an issue if the software didn't need to scrape all 150k comments before attempting to remove the comments. It seems SCM wants to find all of the comments and add it to a database before it even attempts to delete it which to me seems pointless in my situation as I have to wait a day and a half for it to start the unfollow process to only delete 8k... Then I have to restart the whole process again. I've been trying for a week and I have so far removed 2k comments.

My other question:
I've noticed over the last few weeks that the accounts I use in the software all the time act a lot slower than those I've only just added.
Let's say I add a pause value of 0mins 0secs for an action with 20 repetitions, on my main account that I use all the time it could take 1 minute to process all actions.

However, with an account I've just imported into the software, it processes those actions in less than half the time. Why?

I tried deleting cookies, updating useragents etc and that seemed to work (kinda) at first, but now all my accounts are behaving very slowly. I know it is dangerous to do things too fast anyway but I've found a workaround on soundcloud where I don't get bans if I follow a ritual and has worked for 6 months. Idk. I would post it but I don't want it to get abused and then spotted :/

Anyway, I figured cleaning DB processed logs might help but I don't want the software to then interact with people it's already interacted with recently. But if that's something that might fix it, I'm in.

Thanks for reading, hopefully this thread helps somebody else too.

EDIT:
I removed the accounts and re-added them. That solved the in interaction speed issue. I'm not sure why though. I'm guessing it's because they don't have the processed logs associated with them anymore? But by doing that, they no longer know who they've interacted with and I'm likely to interact with the same person again. Is there a better way to fix this without removing and re-adding or clearing logs?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Couple questions about how SCM operates

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Jordan6645 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:11 pm I have a couple questions about something with SCM that I've been scratching my head over that I haven't got round to asking you about.

Firstly, I have commented 150k times on soundcloud... I know that's a lot, but that's spread out over 6+ years. I've been trying to remove them all recently, but the software does this, log:

"21:41:12: Max items not specified: setting to 8000"

The problem is, I have set a value, 150k being that value. I have also set a smaller value, like 10k, but the software insists on setting the value to 8k, and has done for some time.
err not sure. Can you copy paste / submit logs showing the complete action:

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

That wouldn't be an issue if the software didn't need to scrape all 150k comments before attempting to remove the comments. It seems SCM wants to find all of the comments and add it to a database before it even attempts to delete it which to me seems pointless in my situation as I have to wait a day and a half for it to start the unfollow process to only delete 8k... Then I have to restart the whole process again. I've been trying for a week and I have so far removed 2k comments.
that sounds like a bug. Again the logs would help know for sure, know where to start to look for the issue

My other question:
I've noticed over the last few weeks that the accounts I use in the software all the time act a lot slower than those I've only just added.
Let's say I add a pause value of 0mins 0secs for an action with 20 repetitions, on my main account that I use all the time it could take 1 minute to process all actions.

However, with an account I've just imported into the software, it processes those actions in less than half the time. Why?
More data for the program to check against. Checking for items already processed. Saving processed items to db. If you are taking about years of data, it will take more time
I tried deleting cookies, updating useragents etc and that seemed to work (kinda) at first, but now all my accounts are behaving very slowly. I know it is dangerous to do things too fast anyway but I've found a workaround on soundcloud where I don't get bans if I follow a ritual and has worked for 6 months. Idk. I would post it but I don't want it to get abused and then spotted :/
becareful of trick, exploiting soundcloud issues. The hole may not last for ever and if they fix it, your accounts could be at risk.

Anyway, I figured cleaning DB processed logs might help but I don't want the software to then interact with people it's already interacted with recently. But if that's something that might fix it, I'm in.
That would fix it. But then you have lost all previously processed item logs

EDIT:
I removed the accounts and re-added them. That solved the in interaction speed issue. I'm not sure why though. I'm guessing it's because they don't have the processed logs associated with them anymore? But by doing that, they no longer know who they've interacted with and I'm likely to interact with the same person again.
you got it exactly. When you re-add the account, the program is added as a new account_db_record (so a new db ID associated with account) so the records are not automatically re-used.

Is there a better way to fix this without removing and re-adding or clearing logs?
No. If you have 100k items in your records, and want to check if this profile_a has been processed before, it has to check against the 100k records. That takes time. The more records, the more time.
Jordan6645

Post by Jordan6645 »

Thanks for the reply.

I've encountered a new problem now. I cleared my account and re-added it, now the software can't differenciate bot comments from my actual comments, which isn't a problem, but it's now saying:

--- Scrape comments from Soundcloud
Auth from headers: OAuth 2-290437-149074006-BFt1MwkH8UXwKn
Error: doScrapedCommented: Unable to cast object of type 'WebProxyWrapper' to type 'System.Net.WebProxy'.
Found: Commented on: 0
Started: 28/06/2019 01:32 AM
Finished: 28/06/2019 01:32 AM
ID: 347b45e2-8b99-420c-bbea-67f8ea2a8975
Action ran for: 0hr:0min:15s
Action completed as Run in Additional Thread - removing thread ---

I'm not sure what's caused this error, but when I tried deleting comments yesterday after removing my account it was saying "found 0 comments" Completed" even when "delete only bot comments" wasn't selected. Tried restarting the program and even trying to use a new database instance which didn't work. Now we have the new error.

I'll send logs through SCM.

Thanks for your help
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Jordan6645 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:37 am Thanks for the reply.

I've encountered a new problem now. I cleared my account and re-added it, now the software can't differenciate bot comments from my actual comments, which isn't a problem, but it's now saying:

--- Scrape comments from Soundcloud
Auth from headers: OAuth 2-290437-149074006-BFt1MwkH8UXwKn
Error: doScrapedCommented: Unable to cast object of type 'WebProxyWrapper' to type 'System.Net.WebProxy'.
Found: Commented on: 0
Started: 28/06/2019 01:32 AM
Finished: 28/06/2019 01:32 AM
ID: 347b45e2-8b99-420c-bbea-67f8ea2a8975
Action ran for: 0hr:0min:15s
Action completed as Run in Additional Thread - removing thread ---

I'm not sure what's caused this error, but when I tried deleting comments yesterday after removing my account it was saying "found 0 comments" Completed" even when "delete only bot comments" wasn't selected. Tried restarting the program and even trying to use a new database instance which didn't work. Now we have the new error.

I'll send logs through SCM.

Thanks for your help

Do you use any network monitoring / manipulation apps?
network sniffers?
VPN that work by modifying the system base proxy?

Have you restarted app / machine recently? That may help
Jordan6645

Post by Jordan6645 »

I literally only use the laptop for my rootjazz applications. I actually named it "bot top", has a sticker of a robot on the lid and everything ahha :lol:
I don't have any virus protection on the laptop either, I just leave my apps to run for days un-monitored.

To be honest I haven't turned the laptop off for about a week... I will do it now and let you know how I get on
Jordan6645

Post by Jordan6645 »

I've gone on scm this morning and noticed all of my actions failed last night. I've updated the software and one of my accounts have been removed and a new account was added that doesn't belong to me? The email is chetlukechappell1980@googlemail.com - was that you working on it? Spooked me tf out, I thought I got hacked haha
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Jordan6645 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:42 am I've gone on scm this morning and noticed all of my actions failed last night. I've updated the software and one of my accounts have been removed and a new account was added that doesn't belong to me? The email is chetlukechappell1980@googlemail.com - was that you working on it? Spooked me tf out, I thought I got hacked haha
It wasn't me. I have no access to your machine, the app or your data. Everything is self contained on your machine. The program does not send any metrics / usage stats at all to us. The only way we get any information from you is if you manually submit your app logs.

What could have happened is this accounts was created by you a while ago, but due to a bug was not loading. An update may have fixed the issue and allowed this account to now load - seemingly out of no where, but it was always in your database, just not loading. The email does seem like an auto generated one:

firstname firstname lastname year @ email
chet luke chappell 1980.

If an account is now also not loading. Can you send me your database accounts folder for review and also note which account is not loading:

Please goto:
Press "windows" (start) button on keyboard and hold it down then press r.

In the run box paste:
%appdata%\rootjazz\soundcloud manager\database

In the folder that opens, right click the folder
dbaccount

then select SEND TO > COMPRESSED (ZIP)

Then send me the created zip file. Email if the file is less than 8mb, otherwise upload somewhere and email me the link

I've gone on scm this morning and noticed all of my actions failed last night
Did the action logs say why the action failed?

Also submit app logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin
Jordan6645

Post by Jordan6645 »

I've submitted logs: Logs_91525

New problem. Sorry! scm is failing to find/scrape tracks to send a comment. Here are the logs

I've solved this problem but I'll leave it here anyway just so you know

Process: No Proxy https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/search/tr ... t=last_day
Auth from headers: OAuth 2-290457-96423727-eRcBPG78RFtmHdB
Scraping: https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/search/tr ... t=last_day No Proxy
Got page: https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/search/tr ... t=last_day
Scraped: 0 from: https://api-v2.soundcloud.com/search/tr ... t=last_day
abstracksearch: invalid nexturl - drop out?client_id=BeGVhOrGmfboy1LtiHTQF6Ejpt9ULJCI&app_version=1561709497
Finished scrape: 0
Found: 0: , , last_day,
Found tracks to comment: 0
Processed: 0/0
Started: 29/06/2019 22:10 PM
Finished: 29/06/2019 22:11 PM
ID: 7a4279c6-661d-4381-99a7-8ecc7c4d2cdf
Action ran for: 0hr:0min:25s

My internet is working fine and I have no firewalls or Anti virus blocking it that I know of.

Thanks for your help

EDIT:
I tried out the "Added any time" filter and that worked. Maybe Soundcloud have updated their API and SCM can no longer scrape Last hour and Last day tracks for commenting.

Yep, SCM isn't the problem. I checked the last day filter on the soundcloud website and there's nothing to display. Hopefully this is only a temporary thing!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Found: 0: , , last_day,
you have not specified the other search terms.

searchterm
genre
dragontattoo

Post by dragontattoo »

Thanks all for your responses. i was having similar questions and your answers were helpful to me.